Question Joint scuba-snorkeling operators in Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krabby Padi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be visiting Belize (Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye) in late March with my wife and two kids (ages 8 and 3). I am the only diver in my family — the others are content to snorkel. (The kids are both good swimmers.)

Are there boat operators on either island that run combined scuba-snorkel tours, such that I can dive while my wife and kids snorkel?

Also, are there specific sites that are good for both diving and snorkeling?

Here's what I've learned on my own in case this info is helpful to others. From Caye Caulker, the only tours with scuba and snorkeling from the same boat are to the Blue Hole and Turneffe North. Both are full-day excursions that leave very early in the morning, so I don't think they're ideal for my young kids. I will probably dive on my own in the morning and/or at night, then join my family for a snorkeling-only tour in the afternoon.

From Ambergris Caye (San Pedro) there are joint scuba-snorkeling tours to the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley. At the first stop, divers dive and snorkelers snorkel in ~30 feet of water. At the second stop, everybody snorkels in ~8 feet of water. There are morning and afternoon departures and the whole trip takes about 3 hours. This seems like a great option for my family.

I would still be grateful for recommendations for specific dive operators on both islands and specific dive sites near Caye Caulker (within ~30 minutes boat ride). Because this is a family holiday first and foremost, I'd like to limit my time in transit to and from dive sites -- even if that means I may have to skip the "best" sites in the region.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom