Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted, I plan to roll in with the motor home some time after dark on Friday night. Looks like we will have all the bunks taken but won't know for sure until we pull out of the house. Not being one of them there "professional" big rig drivers, I will probably turn around where I do have 40 acres and back down the driveway to the camping area. :mooner:

Year right, and we will all be wearing shorties for our dives in the tropical waters of Gilboa! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Year right, and we will all be wearing shorties for our dives in the tropical waters of Gilboa! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I'm fully expecting my dive buddy to show up in his 3mm shorty and declare it "nice and toasty!"

So work just booked me for a full day (7am-2 am) in kentucky on Friday so I wont be making it then like i had planned. BUT I still have Saturday free. I'm just debating between Scubafest in Wilmington,OH (30 minutes from home) or Gilboa (2.5 hours from home). Which do y'all think I should do? :wink:

Anyone have any idea what water temps will be this weekend?

Past experience says probably about 38* at depth (the tubes and below). Remember to give your thermometer time to fully adjust to a level you are trying to get the temp of, so stay at a given depth for a good 5 minutes. Too bad somebody decided they had to move the thermometer that had been anchored right by the tubes. That wa always a good already fully acclimated temp source.

So work just booked me for a full day (7am-2 am) in kentucky on Friday so I wont be making it then like i had planned. BUT I still have Saturday free. I'm just debating between Scubafest in Wilmington,OH (30 minutes from home) or Gilboa (2.5 hours from home). Which do y'all think I should do? :wink:

Having done both - M&G at Gilboa!

Ken

Anyone have any idea what water temps will be this weekend?

Last year @ this time, we had 47*F @ the surface. Anything deeper than 40' was 39*F.

Depends. Do you want to dive? or talk about diving? :D

Paula

Talked to Brian last night. He said to make the soup, that he was saying dinner out was a possibility if there wasn't anything else or if the weather was nasty. His non-diving SO will be staying at a B&B and joining us Saturday evening and possibly Fri evening. Guess the hot tub was a bigger draw than looking at a cold quarry!

I'll bring the fixin's for the soup. Dinner out may be tough as people arrive at so many different times. But if it isn't needed Friday I can always make the 'home'made soup Saturday and take the the canned soup home for another time.

Paula

OK. It looks good for me to come down and dive on Saturday (not sure if I will come down on Friday night or not.)

A couple of questions.... Is there anything still needed on the food, ice, beverage side needed?

Also I plan to try my doubles rig for the first time (I will bring my single rig as well), so if anybody needs a buddy and is looking to laugh their butt off, the first time I get in the water with this set-up let me know. I am sure some level of humor/struggle will be involved.

Also not trying to SPAM this post, but if anybody is looking to pick up an Alu 80 tank, send me a PM. I have so many tanks they seem to be coming out of my @$$. I just picked up a couple of E7 HP 100's for doubles and also have a couple of LP 95's, so I don't need both 80's that I have (great condition, less than 50 fills total). Sorry in advance if I offended anybody, but if I was coming that way I thought I would let you all know.

kidsdream- I don't think anyone minds. There are several items for sale at the M&G from what I can tell...

Steve, I'll be there Saturday only. I'm not diving, though. I'm hoping to have dinner with eckybay down in Lima on my way home- haven't seen her (or R Joe) for more than a year- maybe two years by now! I think the last time I saw them was when we had our own little M&G on a weekday with Denny. That's been a while.

OK. It looks good for me to come down and dive on Saturday (not sure if I will come down on Friday night or not.)

A couple of questions.... Is there anything still needed on the food, ice, beverage side needed?

Also I plan to try my doubles rig for the first time (I will bring my single rig as well), so if anybody needs a buddy and is looking to laugh their butt off, the first time I get in the water with this set-up let me know. I am sure some level of humor/struggle will be involved.

Also not trying to SPAM this post, but if anybody is looking to pick up an Alu 80 tank, send me a PM. I have so many tanks they seem to be coming out of my @$$. I just picked up a couple of E7 HP 100's for doubles and also have a couple of LP 95's, so I don't need both 80's that I have (great condition, less than 50 fills total). Sorry in advance if I offended anybody, but if I was coming that way I thought I would let you all know.

Jeff, keep one or two of the AL80 for stages. You just might need them one day soon. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom