Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok People we are about 4 days out now. This will probably be the last update on the list. Also keep in mind if your making something or bringing something to plan for around 20 to 25 people.

Well here is the addition and subtractions from the food list Carpntr isnt coming so I will bring some eggs. Any one else want to bring some??
I also added some fried chicken to mine. Since Jchoby changed his. Also corrected some spelling errors on the bottom since it was apparent Trucker Girl took some kind of offense to it.

Also for those not in the Know.. Most of you are, but for the couple of new People. For those of you that is bringing ingredients for your stuff than plan on making it at Gilboa. I have all utensils that is needed So you do not have to worry about packing any of that type of thing. Spoons,Knifes,Spatulas,ect. Plus I have for the most part. It has been a little tight in past years. Plenty of refridgerator space. If you would like to store something there for the weekend. It works much better than ice.

Food List

Jchoby Chilli......... I assume Crackers also or is that just a northern thing? And some shredded chedder

Barracuda2 Kielbasa and Horseradish

electricbear60625 Itialian Beef, Buns, and Gardinaar

Diver Brian 1.Wood
2. Brownies of the legal variety
3. Campfire Munchies

gtxl1200 1.Bunkhouse which still has lots of room.
2. Generator
3. 30 cup coffee Maker
4. case of water
5. GLWC Sign if I dont forget again. Maybe I should run it out to the bunkhouse right now.
6. Rubberbands and Red Pop
7. Fried Chicken
8. Eggs

Randy A couple of pies.

Mittendiver 1. Assorted plates, knifes, cups, napkins.
2. TEX-MEX DIP
3. Smores Ingredients
4. suasage dip

betail 1. Grill for the fire pit.
2. Irish coffee something.
3. More "Victims" oh I mean new people
4. Motor home but didnt say if any space available.

Berrabbit Veggie Tray
Tent for changing
A dozen Eggs

Nitrox Junkie Cherry and Blueberry Cobbler
Extra shelter if needed. Wasnt clear on last post if he was bringing turky and fryer or not?

Trucker Girl Home made salsa and chips.

Mrsmitty13 cheese cake

Mental Marine Assorted Chips and Cookies.

kt_gobucks Peppers chips and various flavors of Pop

Warm Water Wimp Croissants and Canadian Bacon.

Diver_Paula Soup Mixings. and various other things she always manages to remember that we forget. She may not be coming now Plans have changed some what.

Dean810 Hamburger, Buns, Mustard, Ketchup.

ViolaKat03 Dozen Eggs.

Jwalko sweet and hot italian sausage and peppers/onions with hoagie rolls.

this is what I have so far. I might have missed something. So if I did miss you, let me know and I will put it on. women are better than men when it comes to see what is missing food wise. So speak up women and let us know what we need. Not that you eat more than men. You just throw better parties. Men can live on chips and beer for an entire weekend.

Updated April 21 9:37 pm

re do of the re do

I was informed today. That as of last look inside Mittens Tub of goodies. It was getting real shy on Paper plates. So if someone is interested in bringing those.

I have officially pulled the tub down for review. I have napkins up the wazoo and even more cups including about 100 small foam coffee cups, 25 large foam cups, 200 plastic cups of every size. I have some bowls maybe 10-15 and somke paper plates about 25. I have a about 100 plastic spoons, 80 plastic knives and maybe 30 plastic forks. I have some aluminum foil, a few plastic storage bags and some serving utensiles.

I will also have a portable gas grill with gas. Camp chairs, yes more than one no matter what has been previously posted, three camp cots for those who may be tenting it. I will have marshmellow/hot dog sticks, a battery powered lantern. A XXL 7 mill Scubapro semi-dry suit for sale, a medium drysuit with undies and two Seaquest balance BCs also for sale, one XL like knew with attached signaling device and a medium well used a missing one weight pocket.

So if somone will post that they will grab the paper plates or foam plates, please provide the heavy duty ones as it makes it easier to move around the feast. Grab a box of plastic forks, buy in bulk of 100 and donate the rest for future Meet N Greets. We will also need to have some bowls for Paula's soup, a fan favorite at a previous Meet N Greet especially a little latter in the evening when prepping for the night dive.

I also intend to provide half of the comic relief along with my good buddy Ted. I have also contact Billy Mays and purchased a truck load of his magic putty to help Mike fix the hole in the quarry, I just hope I am not to late!!!! I think one of the Big Rig trucker buddies will be bringing this down with them. You will probably have to back the trailer down to the camp site as I don't think there is 40 acres back there to turn around in.

I'll be bringing sweet and hot italian sausage, buns and peppers and onions. A couple of questions though...

John

Sorry John I had you on the list I must have copied the wrong one today when I updated it.

Hey if you forget to post something and it doesn't show up at Meet N Greet I will be holding you personally responsible. Imagine if someone where to walk out of the house without the Tex-Mex dip or the Smores???

Hey Ted!!!!!

I never said I wasn't coming to the M&G! I said I wasn't sure I'd get there in time to make Friday dinner. However, I have explained to my nephew that I would have to miss his Kindergarten concert so I could make dinner for ya'll. If I stayed for the concert I get there way after dark and don't want to be setting up that late this time.

Also, post #534 lists everything I said I'd bring. Please update the list with these items. Remove the large jug o' cooking water as I dont' have any more room in my vehicle for it. Yes, I am fully packed except for the cooler contents.

Can someone else please bring a jug o' water????? I'll need liquid for the soups.

I'll also bring a batch of SIN !!!!! Everyone will get hooked I'm sure.

FYI - talked to Brett (compression_nut) on Saturday. He should know by tomorrow whether he has to go out of town for work or whether he can make it.

Paula

Hey Ted!!!!!

I never said I wasn't coming to the M&G! I said I wasn't sure I'd get there in time to make Friday dinner. However, I have explained to my nephew that I would have to miss his Kindergarten concert so I could make dinner for ya'll. If I stayed for the concert I get there way after dark and don't want to be setting up that late this time.

Paula

Paula,

I know this hasn't been announced yet, but I think Brian was hoping to get at least some of us to head into Findley on Friday night to have diner and to meet his SO. I will leave the other details to Brian . So stay for the concert if you like, there will only be one of these and Meet N Greet runs through the weekend.

If you need help with setting up camp in the middle of the night you need to PM KT_Gobucks as she is experienced in late night arrivals. Don't ask her for directions though. Just make sure you put a name tag on your tent. Don't want anyone disturbing your beauty sleep with any early morning prank.

Ok take my Nuts off the List!! (tee hee)

yeah I'm not gonna be able to make it Sat. cus I'm goin' DIVIN! :) (well Kinda... I'll be wearing dive gear and breathing underwater, but its gonna be ina pool :) , wont be able to make this one but I'll be Legal at the Next! :) )

Is there one in the Fall as well ? or any other "official"/traditional GLWC events during the year?

My tub has paper plates, some cups, saltines from August (I think) and some individually wrapped packages of chips ahoy cookies (also from about August).

You and your danged Chips Ahoy cookies! (note to self, never mention to Steve the types of food you don't buy because you'll eat the whole box/bag if you do)

Uhhhh... should we be worried? :rofl3:

I won't be there 'till after 8PM now. Work is getting in the way.

Hey Ted!!!!!

Also, post #534 lists everything I said I'd bring. Please update the list with these items. Remove the large jug o' cooking water as I dont' have any more room in my vehicle for it. Yes, I am fully packed except for the cooler contents.

Can someone else please bring a jug o' water????? I'll need liquid for the soups.

FYI - talked to Brett (compression_nut) on Saturday. He should know by tomorrow whether he has to go out of town for work or whether he can make it.

Paula

Paula:

I was going to bring a couple of gallons of water anyway. I'll buy a couple more. How many...would 4 gallons be enough?

John

Back
Top Bottom