Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paula,

I know this hasn't been announced yet, but I think Brian was hoping to get at least some of us to head into Findley on Friday night to have diner and to meet his SO. I will leave the other details to Brian . So stay for the concert if you like, there will only be one of these and Meet N Greet runs through the weekend.

If you need help with setting up camp in the middle of the night you need to PM KT_Gobucks as she is experienced in late night arrivals. Don't ask her for directions though. Just make sure you put a name tag on your tent. Don't want anyone disturbing your beauty sleep with any early morning prank.

Did you just call me experienced? :10:

Paula, I will be happy to help you set up. And if you are luck, your tent will be dry and your car unharmed in the morning.

If you are really lucky, they'll build you a fire and offer you chairs all weekend!

And if you are really really lucky, the'll even walk you the 10 feet to your tent and hold the door open -er-um-closed from the inside!

And if you are really really really lucky, the'll share their underware!

Oh, I can't wait for the weekend...

Bad news though, had lasik and they say I can't dive for a couple more weeks. Anyone with experience?

Steve, I'll be there Saturday only. I'm not diving, though.

Ohhhh, sorry I got confuseded. :D Since I can't reply via our other communication channel from work, got your message, look forward to seeing you, up to having dinner or a snack after?

(My apologies to english teachers, journalism majors, or others offended by my abuse of the English and/or American language.) :wink:

(My apologies to electrical engineers, logic majors, or others offended by my use of "and/or" above.) :rofl3:

Oh well, bad news for me. Family situation came up that won't allow me to go this year! Someone will have to eat my share of the Kelbassa...

Oh well, bad news for me. Family situation came up that won't allow me to go this year! Someone will have to eat my share of the Kelbassa...

Well we will see you next time then. That is abut the 10th one to drop in about 3 days now that seems to go along with traditional mng averages.

Bad news though, had lasik and they say I can't dive for a couple more weeks. Anyone with experience?

Well I think I would tend to go along with what the DR. said. but if you think your not sure you could call DAN. That is Divers Alert Network. they should be able to tell you if it is safe to dive earlier than what the eye dr. said.

OK. It looks good for me to come down and dive on Saturday (not sure if I will come down on Friday night or not.)

A couple of questions.... Is there anything still needed on the food, ice, beverage side needed?

Beverages are on your own for the most part. There may be some adult beverage sharing as that's just how it tends to go. Some one may bring bottled water to share but you can't always count on that.

Foodwise a good place to start would be to see what some of the people that had to cancel were going to bring. Duplicates are always ok as there will be tons of people eating. & more people should help out with purchasing wood from Gilboa.

Paula

I clearly wasn't thinking!!!!! I laminated the two SCUBABOARD.COM stickers I have. & I made these stretchy bungy cords thingys with velcro on them. Figured as a group we could come up with some above water & underwater pictures of the stickers to enter in the Scubaboard contest.

Guess what I didn't pack? My underwater camera. Will anyone be bringing one we could use for this purpose?????

Paula

I clearly wasn't thinking!!!!! I laminated the two SCUBABOARD.COM stickers I have. & I made these stretchy bungy cords thingys with velcro on them. Figured as a group we could come up with some above water & underwater pictures of the stickers to enter in the Scubaboard contest.

Guess what I didn't pack? My underwater camera. Will anyone be bringing one we could use for this purpose?????

Paula

I will have my camera and housing. I guess, I have an excuse to get it wet this year.

Back
Top Bottom