Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 9 is "man size"? Those little things look dainty!

Size 10 in women's shoes IS size 9 in men's. I'm just saying that if the boots on that thing are a size 9 in men's, they'll fit me.

Sheesh.

One of the words I'd use to describe Steve...

Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow- lol! :dork2:

(I have never been accused of being dainty)

Size 10 in women's shoes IS size 9 in men's. I'm just saying that if the boots on that thing are a size 9 in men's, they'll fit me.

The way the boots work on mine is there are big floppy footies at the end of the legs that will go over about a size 12 or 13 foot. So, just about anyone can get those on, then you put on rock boots over top them footers. My rock boots are, I believe, size 10, as I wear size 9 shoes, and I was told to get the rock boots 1 size larger than normal to allow for stuffing in the excess footie material. It works good for me.

Ken

The way the boots work on mine is there are big floppy footies at the end of the legs that will go over about a size 12 or 13 foot. So, just about anyone can get those on, then you put on rock boots over top them footers. My rock boots are, I believe, size 10, as I wear size 9 shoes, and I was told to get the rock boots 1 size larger than normal to allow for stuffing in the excess footie material. It works good for me.

Ken

You can also use a regular dive bootie over the dry suit soft sock... albeit it has to be larger than you would wear with just a bare foot. I use both depending on what fin I use. I do prefer the rock boot thought. I'm sure you can find something that will fit within the group and/or Mike's stock of dive gear....

Ok, I just found out some bad news for me.... I've got a schedule conflict so I'm not going to be able to come for the WHOLE weekend.... So i'm thinking this. Leave Friday getting to Gilboa around 2 p.m. Get in a couple dives Friday.... Experiecne the "Campfire" and get up and leave gilboa by 8am saturday morning. My question to you guys is will any of you be there late friday afternoon and willing to buddy with a newbie?

Ok, I just found out some bad news for me.... I've got a schedule conflict so I'm not going to be able to come for the WHOLE weekend.... So i'm thinking this. Leave Friday getting to Gilboa around 2 p.m. Get in a couple dives Friday.... Experiecne the "Campfire" and get up and leave gilboa by 8am saturday morning. My question to you guys is will any of you be there late friday afternoon and willing to buddy with a newbie?

Myself and Cldwdvr will be there around 10am or so Friday. and will be there until Sunday sometime. So yes we will be there Friday around 2pm. Now as far as you leaving at 8am wow you are going to be tired. I think that is what time we usually get to sleep. .:coffee:

Food List

Jchoby Fricker's chicken chunks

Barracuda2 Kielbasa and Horseradish

electricbear60625 Itialian Beef, Buns, and Gardinaar

crpntr133 Farm Fresh Egss.

Diver Brian Wood

gtxl12001.Bunkhouse which still has lots of room.
2. Generator
3. 30 cup coffee Maker
4. case of water
5. GLWC Sign if I dont forget again. Maybe I should run it out to the bunkhouse right now.

Randy A couple of pies.

Mittendiver1. Assorted plates, knifes, cups, napkins.
2. TEX-MEX DIP
3. smores ingredients
4. suasage dip

betail 1. Grill for the fire pit.
2. Irish coffee something.
3. More "Victims" oh I mean new people
4. Motor home but didnt say if any space available.

Berrabbit Veggie Tray
Tent for changing

Nitrox Junkie Cherry and Blueberry Cobbler
Extra shelter if needed.

Trucker Girl Home made salsa and chips.

PVTSTASH variety of Nuts. NOt to say most of us their already are.

Mrsmitty13 cheese cake

Mental Marine Assorted Chips and Cookies.

kt_gobucksPeppers chips and Pop

cldwdiver various Fruits

this is what I have so far. I might have missed something. So if I did miss you, let me know and I will put it on. woman are better than men when it comes to see what is missing food wise so speak up woman and let us know what we need.

Updated March 24 At 8:00 am

I havent seen WBT40 or whatever his handle was, post in this thread. He usually tells Mike at Gilboa that we are coming, and that we would like to reserve the end of the road.

So Denny since you talk to him on a regular basis can you do that for us. Gilboa usually isnt busy that time of year, but The one time you dont reserve a spot a dive shop will show up with 50 students.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom