Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have a tent similar to Ber's and a propane heater. I'll have some food, misc kitchen items, and who knows.

His heater is even bigger than mine, twice the size to be exact. I need to remember to get the zippers replaced on my tent walls before then!

I was going to run a plan on V-Planner software, print it out, let Mike examine my gear, log books and my TDI cards, and let him decide if if I am qualified. I don't really want to spend alot of time there, maybe 15 min. max using a 28%mix. In the stage bottles are, 1) 100%o/2 and 20 50-50 mix.
That is what I was thinking,

Robb
Hey Robb, I can get you in on the deep side :eyebrow: I'd have to finish up any open water student check-out dives first though. It's a working weekend for me :(

Ok I just spent the last hour reading through 23 pages of postings and now I'm really excited... You all sound like a great group of people and it looks like the weekend is an awesome time! As i've mentioned before in some other postings i'm newly certified, really interested in diving and would love to meet people in the sport. I just got certified about two weeks ago finishing my open water dives in West Palm. Most of my questions were answered reading all the posts as I see there will probably be other newbies. I own all of my equipment so I'm all set, just got to get a 7mm wetsuit as I only bought a 3mm for florida. My only concern about coming down there is the fact that i'll be on my own and won't have a dive buddy. Is that an issue? Does everybody just dive in a group or will I be out of luck when it comes to diving.... Can I just use the blow-up dive buddy? LOL.... BTW, I do have family that works at a cheesecake company in Chicago so I can bring a variety.... maybe that will win me a dive buddy... LOL

-Keith

We LIKE new divers! Done any cold water diving yet? It's almost a different sport and we'll be sure to break you in right :eyebrow:

Here's how the dive buddy situation works; when you're ready to dive you say "Anybody want to get wet?" (or something similar) and invariably someone is ready OR you speak up when someone else asks the same question :wink: We're pretty flexible in the dive buddy realm.

I got to learn to use that multi quote reply feature. This reply after reply as I skim through 3 pages of new posts is for the birds!
Ken
Hit the "m-quote" button every time you read a post you want to quote. When you get to the last one you wish to quote hit the "quote" button. You can go back and remove an "m-quote" from the last post and replace it with "quote" if you were happily "m-quote"-ing along and missed the post you should have put "quote" on.
(Good grief that's a mouthful!)
Ber :lilbunny:

Hey Robb, I can get you in on the deep side :eyebrow: I'd have to finish up any open water student check-out dives first though. It's a working weekend for me :(

My recommendation for the deep dive plan...., but yes, first clear dive plan w/ Mike... :jail:
Go in at the dock by the tail of the plane, head directly to the tubes and follow the road down as it snakes... swim along the wall until you reach thirds, and retrace.

This way your not doing the 0-120' elevator descent from the deep dock, and no boring deco..., once you get past the tubes into shallower water, switch to 50% and deco out while checking out the plane, bus, lines, whatever. Then switch to O2 for a nice controlled ascent right under the dock, or shoot a bag for practice....

This will be tricky to plan w/ vplanner, as you'd have to make some assumptions about multilevel planning/times/location for backup/plan... a computer would be helpful, or maybe pack some tables and a bt and calculate actuals in the water... or perhaps 'deco on the fl.....' :rtfm:
-Tim

Robb,

I'll have a set of doubles with EAN 28 (possibly 28/20) and a couple of stage bottles as I normally do at least one dive to practice deco dives in the Great Lakes. I am not teaching, so I can head over there after I do a shallower dive to check out my gear and make sure that my skills are practiced. I dive along the road bed would be perfect as a second or third dive that weekend.

Let me know what you think.

Robb,

I'll have a set of doubles with EAN 28 (possibly 28/20) and a couple of stage bottles as I normally do at least one dive to practice deco dives in the Great Lakes. I am not teaching, so I can head over there after I do a shallower dive to check out my gear and make sure that my skills are practiced. I dive along the road bed would be perfect as a second or third dive that weekend.

Let me know what you think.

Well I wanted to go with you guys but I refuse nor have I been trained for deco diving. If someone wants to go over their and do non deco then we will have to line something up.

Well I wanted to go with you guys but I refuse nor have I been trained for deco diving. If someone wants to go over their and do non deco then we will have to line something up.

I wouldn't mind going with you, Ted. I haven't been trained for Deco either. What does Mike require as far as Certifications & training before he will let you go deep?

Hi Brain,
That sounds like a good plan, You know Gilboa better than I do, so I will follow your recomendation.
I will have 28% nitrox as my back gas and I will bring a stage bottle with 100% and one with 50%,
I will also have my laptop with me so we can verify the plan on V-Planner if you want. I would like to do two dives in the deep, one Sat, and one Sunday morning before heading home.
Thanks,
Robb

I wouldn't mind going with you, Ted. I haven't been trained for Deco either. What does Mike require as far as Certifications & training before he will let you go deep?

I know you have to be advanced certified. Plus you need a set of doubles or a sling bottle like a pony or something like that. another words he wants a alternate emergency air source. Plus a good detailed dive plan. with exact depths and times and saftey stops on the way up. with times. He has charts in the office you fill out. Ber also knows what he likes to see... Like she said she would like to go. though she will be busy. I would rather go with her as I know she wouldnt be doing deco either I dont think unless now that she has those doubles of hers she might be doing deco diving now. I can tell you it is dark over their and not much to see. and Very Very Cold. It just cool to say you have been their. I know Dave cldwtrdvr or something like that I always get it wrong. Probably wouldnt mind a quick dive over their either. He can do it on a 72 and still not need to use his pony. hehehehehe

His heater is even bigger than mine, twice the size to be exact. Ber :lilbunny:

Add that to the "list of things you will never hear a guy say".:no

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Add that to the "list of things you will never hear a guy say".:no

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Things that can't be said to another man at Meet-N-Greet!

1. "Do you have your skurt tucked in?" -Barracuda2 Spring 2007

2. "I just wear some moister wicking long john's." -gtxl1200 Spring 2008

3. "I'm never gonna wash these undies, ever!" -Mitten Diver Spring 2008

4. "His heater is even bigger than mine, twice the size to be exact." -Ber :lilbunny: Spring 2007

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom