Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I just spent the last hour reading through 23 pages of postings and now I'm really excited... You all sound like a great group of people and it looks like the weekend is an awesome time! As i've mentioned before in some other postings i'm newly certified, really interested in diving and would love to meet people in the sport. I just got certified about two weeks ago finishing my open water dives in West Palm. Most of my questions were answered reading all the posts as I see there will probably be other newbies. I own all of my equipment so I'm all set, just got to get a 7mm wetsuit as I only bought a 3mm for florida. My only concern about coming down there is the fact that i'll be on my own and won't have a dive buddy. Is that an issue? Does everybody just dive in a group or will I be out of luck when it comes to diving.... Can I just use the blow-up dive buddy? LOL.... BTW, I do have family that works at a cheesecake company in Chicago so I can bring a variety.... maybe that will win me a dive buddy... LOL

-Keith

Keith, you've got a dive buddy, no worries!

Ken

Keith, you've got a dive buddy, no worries!

Ken

I got to learn to use that multi quote reply feature. This reply after reply as I skim through 3 pages of new posts is for the birds!

Ken

You dont have to dive at MNG weekend it is not a requirement. If you want to come just to hang out that is good also. I Mean lets admit it how often can you really dive Gilboa. The main entertainment of the MNG weekend is the fun we have with each other it certainatly isnt the diving. Actually Diving is a side activity for MNG weekend.

Ahem, I come to dive. I won't come to the Spring M&G to dive (since I don't have a dry suit/dry suit training) but any other time I go to Gilboa, I'm there for the diving. I love the SI, but I'm one of those trying to usher everyone back into the water...

Carbonated Barley punch.
Carbonated Barley punch with floaties.

You can't promote her, she's already queen!
That wasn't by choice- I was promoted to queen without my consent (they threatened a beheading).

Carbonated Barley punch.

Wow Ken, when did Fairborn become Indian Hills....? Most folks refer to it as Beer.....

-Tim

Wow Ken, when did Fairborn become Indian Hills....? Most folks refer to it as Beer.....

-Tim
Well, the last two batches are getting close to the category of Barley Wine . . . Just checked the second batch, its been in the bottle for a week now, but was still too sweet to drink, so needs a bit more ageing. Late April ought to be about right . . . . (actually, probably 2 more weeks is about the minimum, anytime after that it should be good)

Ken

Air temp? Or water temp?

Air can be anywhere from about 40 to 90 that time of year.

Water will still be about 38, regardless of the air temp.

I'll have my 7mm wetsuit with me, and probably dive it too, because someone might be wanting to learn about dry suits and borrow it.

I do routinely dive wet at Gilboa this time of the year, altho I do now have the dry suit.

Ken
90 degrees? The last two years I remember being a lot colder than 90 degrees. I don't worry so much about the water temp as I do freezing to death at night. Hoping to hide out at night in one of those big mobile homes that are coming down there! If not, then its tent and lots of long underwear!

Well, the last two batches are getting close to the category of Barley Wine . . . Just checked the second batch, its been in the bottle for a week now, but was still too sweet to drink, so needs a bit more ageing. Late April ought to be about right . . . . (actually, probably 2 more weeks is about the minimum, anytime after that it should be good)
Ken

Might that be a Lager? I missed the deadline for making Lager on the back porch this year.

Might that be a Lager? I missed the deadline for making Lager on the back porch this year.

Last year Ken had a couple of different varieties. They were all excellent.

Still, I will plan to bring some of my favorite patriotic beverage. Those who know me are aware of what I mean by that.

The temps that people mention are accurate. I have sweated enough to fill a gallon jug during the day while getting into my drysuit and needed the fire on the same night after a night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom