Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Typically that time of year the temps are upper 40s to low 50s on the surface and low 40s below about 30' or so.

hehe..... man the guy said be honest. You computer must really be conservative. I have never recorded anything above 46 deg. and it is always 36 at the tubes which is about 62 feet.

the REAL question for me is HOW COLD is it in April?? I've only seen one response about someone wearing a 7mm wetsuit. I'm Drysuit certified, but don't own one.

No, REALLY, tell me the truth :D (I think I can take it!)

Hey, it's COLD!! I did the following last spring and it really, really, really made a difference: Buy, beg, borrow, steal, or rent a 3-5mm hooded vest and wear it under your 7mm. If your 7mm is farmer johns, that will put 17-19mm over your core. The only thing that really got cold were my hands. Try it and you will never go back. Gilboa in the Spring is definitely doable in relative comfort in that setup, even down to the tubes.

Ted,

Also put me down for a 10' X 20' (Non instant) shelter if needed. We can set it up and put all tables inside to keep out of the cold (hopefully not) or rain if for some reason we are so lucky. It is fully sided but I will need help setting it up.

"Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Denny I know you are waiting for photos but I have been working on my motorcycle all day. Please be patient.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Attachments

• MS.jpg
    MS.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 77
Just so long as you don't forget your weight belt... I guess we can do without the twirling.

Man, some people just never forget:catfight: I wonder if your beanie will twirl with half a propeller?:truckergirl:

Typically that time of year the temps are upper 40s to low 50s on the surface and low 40s below about 30' or so.

That's what I was afraid of!! I've been to the tubes in mid July and it's still chilly. April??? I may have to just pass unless I can go dry!

Thanks for the update!:shakehead:

Ok I just spent the last hour reading through 23 pages of postings and now I'm really excited... You all sound like a great group of people and it looks like the weekend is an awesome time! As i've mentioned before in some other postings i'm newly certified, really interested in diving and would love to meet people in the sport. I just got certified about two weeks ago finishing my open water dives in West Palm. Most of my questions were answered reading all the posts as I see there will probably be other newbies. I own all of my equipment so I'm all set, just got to get a 7mm wetsuit as I only bought a 3mm for florida. My only concern about coming down there is the fact that i'll be on my own and won't have a dive buddy. Is that an issue? Does everybody just dive in a group or will I be out of luck when it comes to diving.... Can I just use the blow-up dive buddy? LOL.... BTW, I do have family that works at a cheesecake company in Chicago so I can bring a variety.... maybe that will win me a dive buddy... LOL

-Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom