Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I was afraid of!! I've been to the tubes in mid July and it's still chilly. April??? I may have to just pass unless I can go dry!

Thanks for the update!:shakehead:

We'll have plenty of ways to get warm. Coffee, hot chocolate, soup, heaters, showers, places to change and a fire. A main component of the Meet & Greet is getting to know one another so we'll know one another to buddy up later in the year.

Come on!
Paula

BTW, I do have family that works at a cheesecake company in Chicago so I can bring a variety.... maybe that will win me a dive buddy... LOL

-Keith

Bring cheesecake and I will dive with you, unless a certain other somebody shows up then your on your own. I will still eat some of that cheesecake though then I will make Ted dive with you. Rumor has it he wears "moister wicking accutrimon."

Give me a size as I have a nice ScubaPro 7mill semi-dry that I need to get rid of.

My only concern about coming down there is the fact that i'll be on my own and won't have a dive buddy. Is that an issue? Does everybody just dive in a group or will I be out of luck when it comes to diving.... Can I just use the blow-up dive buddy?
-Keith

Keith,

Dive buddies won't be a problem. There will be both group diving and buddy diving. Your pick unless you prefer the blow up!

Paula

April??? I may have to just pass unless I can go dry!
:

You dont have to dive at MNG weekend it is not a requirement. If you want to come just to hang out that is good also. I Mean lets admit it how often can you really dive Gilboa. The main entertainment of the MNG weekend is the fun we have with each other it certainatly isnt the diving. Actually Diving is a side activity for MNG weekend.

If your thinking of doing things you thought would get you banned.... In this group it would probably get you promoted to Queen Of course with Myself and Mitten as the holder of said votes.

You can't promote her, she's already queen!

the REAL question for me is HOW COLD is it in April?? I've only seen one response about someone wearing a 7mm wetsuit. I'm Drysuit certified, but don't own one.

No, REALLY, tell me the truth :D (I think I can take it!)

Air temp? Or water temp?

Air can be anywhere from about 40 to 90 that time of year.

Water will still be about 38, regardless of the air temp.

I'll have my 7mm wetsuit with me, and probably dive it too, because someone might be wanting to learn about dry suits and borrow it.

I do routinely dive wet at Gilboa this time of the year, altho I do now have the dry suit.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom