Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also... how many of you will be diving Wet that weekend? ...

Last year I dove wet. I would recommend a good thick pair of gloves. Down in the deeper part of the quarry's shallow side it gets rather cold (computer claimed 38F). My hands were numb on the way out last year. Come to think of it I should order some dry gloves...

Hey PvtStash,

Depending on sizing and what not, I may have some deals for you on dive gear. Every year I think that I may sell some of the extra gear that I have. I will have it with me so you can check it out. XXLS ScubaPro semi-dry wetsuit, a Seaquest Balance BC with signaling device XL used on about 25 dives and I even have an extra drysuit depending on your size.

I go about 6' 3" , 290..., but I may be a lil' lighter by then , I've been losing weight over the last 11 mos. (down 110lbs. so far!) in preparation for diving.

Balance sounds like a great rig, and when I started my research some months ago I thought I'd go with one myself, but then I started looking a little more Long Term, and I do eventually want to do more technical, wreck-type dives and with the whole "buy it once" mantra in mind have decided to go the BP/Wing route and just expand/customize it as my diving developes.

What does everyone do on their SI's? (or just not diving), playing eukere or something? watching "The Deep" on portable DVD ? :)

I go about 6' 3" , 290..., but I may be a lil' lighter by then , I've been losing weight over the last 11 mos. (down 110lbs. so far!) in preparation for diving.

Balance sounds like a great rig, and when I started my research some months ago I thought I'd go with one myself, but then I started looking a little more Long Term, and I do eventually want to do more technical, wreck-type dives and with the whole "buy it once" mantra in mind have decided to go the BP/Wing route and just expand/customize it as my diving developes.

What does everyone do on their SI's? (or just not diving), playing eukere or something? watching "The Deep" on portable DVD ? :)

BP/wing is an excellent choice. You can't go wrong with it.

BP/wing is an excellent choice. You can't go wrong with it.
Randy,

Are you going to be there this year? I still have your blanket from the last Meet & Greet.

Randy,

Are you going to be there this year? I still have your blanket from the last Meet & Greet.

At the moment, I sure hope to be there. One never knows what kind of last minute hitch may come up, but I'm planning on being there.

Thanks for hanging onto that blanket for me.

Let see what do we do.......... Well were not allowed to say. We have a rule what happens at MEET-N-GREET Stays at meet n greet. So the only thing that we can say is you will have to come to see what we do during our SI I will say though you might want to bring some Rubber Bands. or depending on your personal liking maybe some rubber hoses. Cards I have never seen. I think once we did watch a video of a certain rabbit riding a bull. You will just have to trust us on this. You wont want to miss it and I gurantee you wont be bored.

I will be right back!!!!!!!!!

Well here is an update on the food list it is pretty sparse right now so if your thinking of coming and want to know what to bring right now everything is open. so let me know and I will put it on the list.

Food List

Jchoby Fricker's chicken chunks

Barracuda2 Kielbasa and Horseradish

electricbear60625 Itialian Beef, Buns, and Gardinaar

crpntr133 Farm Fresh Egss.

Diver Brian Wood

gtxl12001.Bunkhouse which still has lots of room.
2. Generator
3. 30 cup coffee Maker
4. case of water
Randy A couple of pies.

Mittendiver1. Assorted plates, knifes, cups, napkins.
2. TEX-MEX DIP

this is what I have so far. I might have missed something. So if I did miss you, let me know and I will put it on. woman are better than men when it comes to see what is missing food wise so speak up woman and let us know what we need. I know a variety of chips. and cookies always seem to go. someone want to volonteer for those.?

Why so secret? You don't need specifics...

We have fun on the SIs. I've only been to one official M&G (and that one had a really small turn out!) but I've been on many, many get-together-and-dive days with SBers and there is no shortage of conversation (or food).

Some of us have perfected ScubUNO- playing Uno underwater. We could try that topside, too, I suppose. I have yet to see anyone break out a deck of cards but that could be fun. A little strip scuba? lol (don't ban me, Ber!)

What does everyone do on their SI's? Watching "The Deep" on portable DVD ? :)

THE DEEP!
Great Movie.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Hey, I'm bringing my old dry suit and I'm sticking a sign on it that will say "make me an offer" It's a Dryflex shell, shoulder entry type with attached heavy boots. This suit is not manufactured any more. No leaks or tears in the suit, however it may leak through the arm exhaust valve. not really sure; I may have had it too far opened on decent the last time I used it. If you have a set of undies, or you can use mine if I'm not diving anybody that will fit can give it a try that weekend. Mitten, you don't happen to have a 40 cu. ft. pony with sling hardware laying around? If not, I'm going to get one for the M & G.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom