Meet N Greet XX: Gilboa April 25-27, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do women always go there first??????

If I told ya why I'd have to kill ya, I can say it's part of the women's training course :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

OUCH OUCH OUCH either way knife of rubber band I dont want to be a steer.

Only two things come from your part of the state and I don't see any horns boy!

This meetngreet goes for 3 days yes ? Fri/Sat/Sun?

If someone could only come for one day.... maybe 4-6 hrs... what day and what time would be the Best time to meet the Most GLWC members?

Also... how many of you will be diving Wet that weekend? I will most likely be renting (providing I get certed in time) which means wetsuit (tho' I'm hoping what with a nice hood and gloves I'll be able to deal with it). Did I read that there will be a tent or something set up with maybe a heater in it for us who cant afford drysuits? (yet).

Saturday afternoon is when the carry-in is and most people try to be there for the food :)

I'll have my tent and heaters which are very effective if it's not too windy. Any wind over about 15mph makes the tent hard to heat.
Ber :lilbunny:

This meetngreet goes for 3 days yes ? Fri/Sat/Sun?

If someone could only come for one day.... maybe 4-6 hrs... what day and what time would be the Best time to meet the Most GLWC members?

Also... how many of you will be diving Wet that weekend? I will most likely be renting (providing I get certed in time) which means wetsuit (tho' I'm hoping what with a nice hood and gloves I'll be able to deal with it). Did I read that there will be a tent or something set up with maybe a heater in it for us who cant afford drysuits? (yet).

You'll want to be there Sat. for diving and/or Sat. night for the campfire. The meal and campfire are really the highlights of the weekend aside from diving. That's when most of the GLWC members will make their appearance. If you have 4-6 hrs., come about 3 or 4 pm and stay until you have to leave. There is always a group going diving during the day. If you want to dive during your stay, somebody will be ready to go with you.

There goes Steve... picking on people already. Knock it off, ballcap boy.

PvtStash... if I go, it will be Saturday. I don't have a dry suit, either, and I don't plan on diving. I can't take the cold water... and it will be cold. I may sucker someone into free dry suit lessons (on a borrowed dry suit) but most likely, I'll just be there for the festivities.

Note to all: No. I don't babysit. Don't even ask. :)

Hey PvtStash,

Depending on sizing and what not, I may have some deals for you on dive gear. Every year I think that I may sell some of the extra gear that I have. I will have it with me so you can check it out. XXLS ScubaPro semi-dry wetsuit, a Seaquest Balance BC with signaling device XL used on about 25 dives and I even have an extra drysuit depending on your size. I may not be able to part with the underwear though, long story that will probably be rehashed multiple times at the Meet N Greet. Either way if you do go wet, and there will be multiple people diving wet, don't forget to tuck your skurt in. At least that is the rally call I have heard from one of our father/son teams.

Saturday is the best of all the days to attend as previously stated. Lunch gets served sometime after breakfast and usually runs through out the course of the afternoon. The good stuff always disappears early though, diving will make you hungry. You will not want to miss the campfire or so I hear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom