Meet and Greet Time Again (Gilboa April 28-30, 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

komi hunter:
Hopefully this will be better then the last dive I did with you ber!!! (Dec 4,2004) MAJOR BRAIN FREEZE !!!!!

Better wear a hood this time :wink: The water is going to be colder :D
Ber :lilbunny:

komi hunter:
MAJOR BRAIN FREEZE !!!!!

Oh, so that's what happened to you? :huh:

I heard that if you pour warm water into your wetsuit that's warmer then your skin temperature (about 98) it'll raise your skin temperature. Then the blood vessels in your skin vasodilate in an effort get blood closer to the skin surface and let off heat, thus lowering the skin temperature and keeping the body's equilibrium.

Then you jump into the water and may end up a little worse off then you were before pouring the warm water into the wetsuit because of the already vasodilated blood vessels. You've just jumped into cold water and your body is in "let off heat mode." Physiologically it makes sense, I just wonder how clinically relevent it is since your blood vessels are obsviously going to vasoconstrict very soon after you hit that cold water. Just something to keep in mind.

Reading this thread just makes me more jealous that I can't be there, but at least my bp/w should come in today!

Stasia

Stasia, you don't want to use hot water, for the very reason you stated. The idea is to have water that is about 90 F, so that you have that warmer water in your wetsuit rather than the 50F that is in the quarry.

What you mentioned is true, and therefore you should avoid using to hot of water.

Hi, I am new to the scubaboard and will be comming to the meet and greet. I can only stay friday and saturday because of a conference that I must attend. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. What are the accommodations. Do I need to bring a tent? If I read all of the threads I will probably find the answer to this question right!!

I have a small poultry farm and would like to supply the freshest best tasting (no chemicals added) free range brown eggs you have ever had. Can someone let me know how many dozen I should bring. Thanks

sharkpetter:
I have a small poultry farm and would like to supply the freshest best tasting (no chemicals added) free range brown eggs you have ever tasted. Can someone let me know how many dozen I should bring. Thanks

Awesome! Not only do I love breakfast, but I LOVE good, fresh, natural eggs. Put my name on 2 or 3 ... or maybe a good omelette. I still have a couple bags of really good, fresh bell peppers still frozen from last year. After thawing out they taste like they just came off the vine. I'll try and remember to bring them along. They're great either cooked up with potatoes and onions with breakfast or in an omelette.

sharkpetter:
Hi, I am new to the scubaboard and will be comming to the meet and greet. I can only stay friday and saturday because of a conference that I must attend. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. What are the accommodations. Do I need to bring a tent? If I read all of the threads I will probably find the answer to this question right!!

I have a small poultry farm and would like to supply the freshest best tasting (no chemicals added) free range brown eggs you have ever had. Can someone let me know how many dozen I should bring. Thanks

A tent would be advisable. I would expect that we will have ten to twenty people there on Saturday morning for breakfast. I can eat for a smaller guy (think the old bottomless pit analogy), so I will go easy on your poor hens and not ask too much of them, LOL. Figure two to four eggs per person and that leaves somewhere in the neighborhood of four dozen eggs (based on 15 people at 3 eggs each).

By the way, welcome to the group!

Welcome Sharkpetter! Looking forward to having you and your fresh eggs :D Like Brian said, bring a tent or find one of the people in the thread who has a tent and PM them to see if they still have a spot. Someone was planning to stay at a hotel and was willing to split the cost of a room so you may contact them and see if that space is taken. It's most fun when you camp though :D

Misquote for your pleasure:
diverbrian:
I can eat a smaller guy (think the old bottomless pit analogy), so I will go easy on your poor hens and not ask too much of them, LOL.
Love ya Brian!
Ber :lilbunny:

Thanks for the quick responses. I will talk real nice to the hens and tell them we need to have the best they can produce for a great group of crazy cold water divers that need a warm tummy before the diving begins LOL.

I also have extra dive gear such as a regulator, (first and second stage and octopus, bcd, hood, gloves, boots, wetsuit, and what ever else I can dig up. I will be happy to bring them for any one who needs to borrow something for the day or in case of a malfunction etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom