MC wreck divers get together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwright:
Hey is it alright if I join you guys this weekend? I'd like to get a few more dives in before it gets too cold.

Dale, I hope you'll join us. Me and my divin buddy will be at the quarry around 11:00a.m. On Friday we need to all coordinate where to meet at the quarry, and our plans for the day of diving. I'll let you guys know what type of car I have so you can find me. That is if I'm going to be the first one there.

Mel

Are there any other women who want to join us?

ncknightdiver:
Got room for one more? I can probally meet yall around 11:00 on Saturday.

Glenn

Of course! Check in on Friday afternoon to see what time we're meeting and where we'll be at the quarry.

Mel

NC Scuba, mentioned this thread to me in the singles forum. I was planning on going to Lake Rawlings on Sat. and was looking for a buddy.

I would love to join you guys, however, my first stage is set up for DIN, and I know Lake Rawlings has HP tanks. I don't think my local dive shop has HP tanks to rent and if they did, I am not sure about getting them filled at Fantasy lake.

I dove with a fellow scuba boarder in Cozumel, not planned, just talking diving and lo and behold!

Anyway, unless someone has information as to whether Fantasy Lake has DIN tanks or can fill them, if the is a LDS on the way that has them, I am afraid I have to pass :17:

I will keep my eyes open for other trips though. I am hoping to dive with Discovery next weekend.

Ken

kwickert:
NC Scuba, mentioned this thread to me in the singles forum. I was planning on going to Lake Rawlings on Sat. and was looking for a buddy.

I would love to join you guys, however, my first stage is set up for DIN, and I know Lake Rawlings has HP tanks. I don't think my local dive shop has HP tanks to rent and if they did, I am not sure about getting them filled at Fantasy lake.

I dove with a fellow scuba boarder in Cozumel, not planned, just talking diving and lo and behold!

Anyway, unless someone has information as to whether Fantasy Lake has DIN tanks or can fill them, if the is a LDS on the way that has them, I am afraid I have to pass :17:

I will keep my eyes open for other trips though. I am hoping to dive with Discovery next weekend.

Ken

Ken, I called my LDS and they think that the shop does fill DINs. Here is the number for the dive shop at the quarry 919-570-3483. The dive shop is called Capital Scuba.

We hope you can join us!

Mel

Mel,

Thanks for getting that #. I called, but got no answer. I went to the website and left an email, so we'll see. I would definately prefer to go with buddies, while I have no problems going on vacation buddie-less, I am guessing the quarry might not work as well. :wink:

Thanks again, hopefully I will know by Friday.

Ken

I'm 99% sure they fill DIN. I know they used to sell the HP tanks so it would make sense. Besides, a DIN-Yoke adapter is cheap.

I know for a fact that they do DIN fills. All my tanks are DIN and I've gotten fills there.

Ken yes they fill DIN tanks and HP as I had mine filled there before NP , wish I could join you all but going to U352 this weekend sorry .

have a good trip Medic. I was just on the 352 this past weekend and had about 40-50 ft of viz and 79 deg. on the bottom. The surface temp was 74. Did some good penetration, went in at the forward torpedo hatch and worked our way past the control room. One of my team had a minor equipment failure so we aborted the dive and only had a 33 miniute run time but it was still a good dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom