May 19th & 20th 2007 Panhandle Dive N Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yummy....now I am not known to be a crawfish lover but that sounds like my kind of crawfish....marinated in rum!!

Here's the plan.

Sat May 19th - (Start arriving around 10:00am)
Destin Jetties - High Tide 12:15 PM

Lunch: On your own

Dinner: Cookout/crawfish fest at Kira's(kchFla) (Start arriving around 5:30pm)(pm her for directions)

Sun May 20th -(Start arriving around 10:00am)
St Andrews Jetties - High Tide 12:07 PM

Lunch: On your own (There are grills onsite for cooking hamburgers/hotdogs/etc)

Dinner: We will choose a local restaurant (time and place to be determined that day)

Some folks are doing a "freshwater rinse dive" at Morrison on their way home.

Those Dining at Kira's Saturday, May 19th at 5:30pm after Destin Jetties Dive:

denisegg and andy: potatoes and corn for the cooker
ShagMan
panhandvr: baked beans and dessert
BugMan: conecuh sausage for the cooker and beer
Mike_s
RocketMan
Brandy and Kayla: fish for the grill
KchFLA: tenderloin for the grill
saltydawg and Whitescubawolf: crawfish and essentials for cooking them.
nitrox32
alcrmsntde

Anyone else interested please feel free to speak up and add your name. Please add by your name what you plan to bring or change what I put by your name.:)

I make Tides the 19th 13:12 - 0.27 for Destin East pass correction = 12:45 high tide,.. 20th Tides at 14:05 -1.31 for Panama Channel entrance corrections = 12:29 hig tide. Estimated,..other items effecting tides are Winds and Barometric pressure. You learned a little about this in your dive class. The more pressure the lower the tide will actually be and the slower it will come in.

Was diving this P.M. and Wednesday A.M. springs, St Andrews Friday, Changed, work items Friday,, Plan boating Andrews traps fishing, Wednesday, Thursday Cypress.

ScubaKris:
other items effecting tides are Winds and Barometric pressure. You learned a little about this in your dive class.

ummmm...actually no...:wink:

but if I get there and am suited up and have to wait 30 minutes for the tide to adjust itself...I think I can handle the anticipation:wink:

Hooter's is having their regional Swimsuit competition at, get this, Destin Hooters on the 19th! :wink: Just incase anyone else wants to blow some time between the dive and dinner.

Dang it. I need to talk the wife into blowing off the Birthday party!

haha

Michael

Off topic, but some folks might eat there the weekend of the dive. Apparantly Dewey's is opening a new location on the harbor. anyone seen this?

I was at Dewey's last weekend and the staff didn't mention it, nor did we know to ask... *shrugs*

Could be how they get around some of the legal issues they were/are having at their current location.

Saltwatertides has a prediction for East Pass specifically and is predicting it at 12:15PM. Predictions are just that, so they can be off, but this past weekend, they were dead-on - not that 30 min here and there matters much.

I'm likely to be hitting Destin Bay Cones Saturday before the jetty dive and probably Morrison on Sunday AM before St. Andrews jetties. Will need one boat buddy for the Bay Cones and atleast one buddy for Morrison on Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom