May 19th & 20th 2007 Panhandle Dive N Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver:
You confused me SBM. That is what I thought. But plans change. Why Micheael would want to stay in Gulf Shores is beyond me. I my past experience you can stay in PC for about the same money now that spring break is over. Until the summer arrives at least.

*shrugs*

I have a friend with a condo that will rent it for $70-80 a night to anyone, but will discount it for divers, in Orange Beach. Nice place, on Cotton Bayou, directly across from the beach. That seems pretty cheap to me. More shore dives available here and more offshore possibilities as well :wink:

I can stay cheaper in PCB, but it would be on a bunk in the guest room of one of the local boat captain's places... or even cheaper, a tent... or even cheaper, my car.

Michael, Here's the plan so far.

Sat May 19th - Destin Jetties - High Tide 12:15 PM
Sun May 20th - St Andrews Jetties - High Tide 12:07 PM
Sunday afternoon (after jetties) - some folks are doing a "freshwater rinse dive" at Morrison on the way home.

I think there are some "Dine" activities Saturday night at Kira's, but I don't have that info at my fingertips.

I'm thinking I will hit Morrison on Saturday PM to fill in some time.

mike_s:
Michael, Here's the plan so far.

Sat May 19th - Destin Jetties - High Tide 12:15 PM
Sun May 20th - St Andrews Jetties - High Tide 12:07 PM
Sunday afternoon (after jetties) - some folks are doing a "freshwater rinse dive" at Morrison on the way home.

I think there are some "Dine" activities Saturday night at Kira's, but I don't have that info at my fingertips.

Sounds good. I'll see about getting down there.

Michael

Here's the plan so far.

Sat May 19th -
Destin Jetties - High Tide 12:15 PM
Cookout/crawfish fest at Kira's(kchFla) starting around 5:30

Sun May 20th -
St Andrews Jetties - High Tide 12:07 PM
Cookout onsite during and after diving
After diving - some folks are doing a "freshwater rinse dive" at Morrison on the way home.

So far for the cookout at Kira's we have crawfish, potatoes, corn, sausages. Kira can post what else she will need us to bring to her house on Saturday evening.

We need a grill/smoker (PHD?) for Sunday at St Andrews and everyone can bring meat to cook on smoker and sides to go with it .

Those Dining at Kira's Saturday, May 19th at 5:30pm after Destin Jetties Dive:

denisegg and andy: potatoes and corn
ShagMan
panhandvr: baked beans and dessert
BugMan: conecuh sausage and beer
Mike_s
RocketMan
Brandy and Kayla: fish for the grill
KchFLA: tenderloin for the grill
saltydawg and Whitescubawolf: crawfish, pot, cooker
nitrox32
alcrmsntde

Anyone else interested please feel free to speak up and add your name. Please add by your name what you plan to bring or change what I put by your name.:)

Are you relying on PHD to bring a smoker, or is there some backup plan for cooking out on Sunday? He brought the smoker out on the earlier events in hopes of advertising it, but nobody really seemed interested in anything but what was coming out of the smoker cooked.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Are you relying on PHD to bring a smoker, or is there some backup plan for cooking out on Sunday? He brought the smoker out on the earlier events in hopes of advertising it, but nobody really seemed interested in anything but what was coming out of the smoker cooked.

PHD told me at Morrisons that day that he had a larger model that he wanted to try for the next outting. Mike said PHD was going to try to get off work but I am not sure he or his smoker will be available. Can someone contact him and see? If not, we will need a backup plan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom