May 10 Meet and Greet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, we had a great time. Especially when we elected you to organize the next MAG. (he he) :wink:

Glad to hear that you all had a great time- how was the diving? I am sure that it was good. Who is going to do a report? Photos? Come on! Give a little! :D

As for the next M&G, I think it IS my turn to organize.

Glad to hear that you all had a great time- how was the diving? I am sure that it was good. Who is going to do a report? Photos? Come on! Give a little! :D

Vis was the best I've seen in a long time, at least 100 ft. We saw three types of whales, several species of dolphins, frogfish, damselfish, lionfish, barracuda, lobsters, scallops, parrotfish, three types of octopus including a blue ringed, and colorful fish of all types. Water temp was 75 on the surface where the tropical fish were, mingling through the kelp forest, and a little colder where the whales, dolphins, and sea lions and seals were. :yeahbaby:

OK, back to reality, vis was 20 ish on both dives, plenty of senoritas and surf perch in the shallows, a big school of blue rockfish and several different kinds of rockfish out and about. Also saw a couple of kelp greenlings and a harbor seal and a sea lion. Saw some abalone and a few nudis. I haven't uploaded any pics yet, but I'll do that tonight.

Edit: Pics added to my picasa gallery

Last edited:
Vis was the best I've seen in a long time, at least 100 ft. We saw three types of whales, several species of dolphins, frogfish, damselfish, lionfish, barracuda, lobsters, scallops, parrotfish, three types of octopus including a blue ringed, and colorful fish of all types. Water temp was 75 on the surface where the tropical fish were, mingling through the kelp forest, and a little colder where the whales, dolphins, and sea lions and seals were. :yeahbaby:

OK, back to reality, vis was 20 ish on both dives, plenty of senoritas and surf perch in the shallows, a big school or blue rockfish and several different kinds of rockfish out and about. Also saw a couple of kelp greenlings and a harbor seal and a sea lion. Saw some abalone and a few nudis. I haven't uploaded any pics yet, but I'll do that tonight.

You turd. :D I thought you were being serious for a bit until the dolphin, frogfish part..... 20-ish viz is pretty good. Nice that you saw the seal and sealion. I am jealous. I spent the morning beating myself up at the gym doing a long a$$ workout and then came home to clean the house and then babysit. Good weekend, but would've been better diving.

Looking to wake up early next Saturday for some diving if anyone is around .... (and I promise to wake up on time .... :11: )

They were two very nice dives. Here are some of my pictures.

IMG_0490kl.jpg

IMG_0488kl.jpg

IMG_0471kl.jpg

IMG_0470kl.jpg

IMG_0457kl.jpg

Dan, thanks again for organizing the day. It was a great day diving and meeting new people. Here are a few photos. I am still trying to get a handle on my new strobe setup. It was pretty surgy, and I wasn't able to stay put long enough to take the photos I would have liked to. I am looking forward to the next M&G.

TS03.jpg

TS04.jpg

Merrill.jpg

TS01.jpg

TS02.jpg

TS06.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom