Masks with lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigger lover

Registered
Reaction score
i need glasses to see far away. (im short sighted) and i cant be assed with contacts. but ive heard ofthese masks whish have your specific lenses in the glass. anyone know where you can ge these? im in the UK so places in the U.S aren't really good. but if you know where to go please tell me. thanks

Check out "Tusa" and "Mares" as mask manufacturers. For pricing and some configuration details, see WWW.SCUBATOYS.COM. I own a prescription lens configured Tusa Splendive 4 mask that I bought, in person, from that location, two months ago. I am very pleased.

Well, when I was living in Europe I purchased a perscription mask at my LDS. Check your local listings for a LDS near you. You give them the slip with you perscription and they pick out the right lenses for you. Depending on the store they can even pop them in for you right there.

Also if you check the manufacturers websites they often have listings of shops that offer their goods or you can email them for a retailer in your area.

justleesa:
Well, when I was living in Europe I purchased a perscription mask at my LDS. Check your local listings for a LDS near you. You give them the slip with you perscription and they pick out the right lenses for you. Depending on the store they can even pop them in for you right there.

Also if you check the manufacturers websites they often have listings of shops that offer their goods or you can email them for a retailer in your area.

My GF did this same thing. The LDS will show you the types of masks that can be fitted with lenses. You then choose the one that fits you best.

Since she could not wear contact lenses due to allergy issues, it changed her diving life!!!

Best of luck!

Alex

If your prescription is difficult (i.e. you have astigmatism, or strong correction, or sensitive eyes) I suggest you get a fully custom mask.

My wife had one made here: http://rxdivemask.com/ I ordered it over the phone and it arrived when promised. The mask was a Tusa Splendive II, which she tried on at the LDS to make sure it fit OK. You can send them any mask or buy one from their stock. The price was about $189 for that particular mask, purchased from them, with her prescription. The lenses perfectly match her prescription and are bonded to the inside of the mask using some kind of optical grade adhesive. The results are quite professional.

Personally, I use a HydroOptix Mega 4.5dd. This amazing mask corrects underwater vision without corrective lenses. I know it seems like snake oil, but it really works. If your prescription falls within the "naked eye" range of this mask, I highly recommend you try one. Their website is http://www.hydrooptix.com/ ... I suggest you take some time to read about it and understand its advantages. It will give the best view underwater, period, of any dive mask on the market.

HydroOptix also make custom-prescription flat masks for about the same price, where the lenses are pefectly matched to your prescription rather than "bonded." This is what I would get my wife next time. (She is not a naked-eye candidate for the Mega 4.5dd mask.) The custom masks are sold directly. The Mega mask is sold through a dealer network, or directly if there's no dealer in your area.

If you have a weak prescription and/or no astigmatism, you will probably get by fine with the replacement lenses sold by Tusa and others.

I agree with others that get fitting done locally. However, if totally impossible Cressi is widely available in Europe and makes nice models available with stock Rx lenses. You can get these at least from www.diveinn.com (in Spain) for pretty decent prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom