Masks for prominent brows and big noses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People with large heads have mask problems and the variations are seemingly endless (wide face, deep face, long face, large nose, long nose, wide nose, bushy eyebrows, prominent brow, short philtrum, etc.)

My greatest success as a large head person has been the Scubapro WideVu (discontinued) Tusa Visualtor and Tilos Titanica.

Trying masks on is fine, except most shops only carry a few brands and sometimes only a few models within a brand. You will probably not find a shop carrying both the Visualator and Titanica.

Mask manufacturers really need to start publishing specs like skirt width, height, depth, etc.

Good luck.

I'm reviving this thread because after 6 shops in south florida I finally found a mask that fits.

I went with the XS Scuba Fusion

My nose is long and not only was I having a hard time finding a fit but pinching my nose was an issue for the masks that "semi fit". The mask that I got was the black mask it has 3 panes which is something that I really wanted. It doesn't hit my nose on the bridge, has a skirt that seals on the bottom. I bought it locally so I paid too much for it but I finally found a mask that fits. I took it to a diving well down to 18' had no issues. VERY VERY HAPPY !!!!!

I recently needed a new mask to accommodate my somewhat Cousteau-esque profile, and I settled on the Tusa Powerview. The adjustable strap angle is also useful for customizing the fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom