Mask Search - Alternative to Omer Alien

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that! I read your post over again and can see how you meant it… downside of a forum is you can’t hear a person’s tone and inflection. It won’t matter in 5 minutes, no worries!

Also, you’re right about falling into the perfectionist “holy grail” trap. I do think I can find something that fits better, but it’s worth remembering that nothing is perfect.

In the interest of finding something better, though, does anyone have mask suggestion that are similar to the Omer Alien?

If you have a narrower face, there are masks made for smaller faces.

Don't know anyone who doesn't like this mask regardless of face shape.

I didn’t! The bottom skirt was too short and didn’t cover my deep smiles lines so the thing flooded like the Titanic after hitting the iceberg.

Don't know anyone who doesn't like this mask regardless of face shape.
Appreciate the suggestion! I considered trying that mask already, but it's very similar to the Hollis M1 I already have. I'm looking for more compact (smaller) masks in line with the Omer Alien.
If you have a narrower face, there are masks made for smaller faces.
I do have a somewhat narrow face, and the "spearfishing/freediving" masks seem to be made narrower.

aqualung (formerly technisub) micromask

That’s one of the four I just tried (see original post). Unfortunately that didn’t fit well.

Don't know anyone who doesn't like this mask regardless of face shape
I don't; it doesn't fit me very well.

I have a couple mares low volume masks that fit very well. a Star and and a Tana (I think). I prefer the Tana but star fits just as well on my kinda bony face; both are cheap too.

Also had a great low volume mask from Piranha, no idea the model but it was a lot like the Tana which I got when the piranha one was stolen.

The Omer Alien looks a lot like my TUSA Splendive. The nose doesn't tilt up.

It's now marketed as a snorkel mask, but it is a true scuba mask.

I've set about finding a better fitting mask and ordered four smaller "spearfishing/freediving" masks, none of which fit: Omer Alien, Aqualung Technisub Micromask, Mako Minimus, and the Cressi Calibro.... Omer Alien was perfect except for the nose pocket. Wt? :D

I suffer your same fate and have used extensively the Micromask, Alien and others. Nose pocket pain! For free diving, try the Cressi Nano, it is cut just a tad different from the Micromask and is much more comfortable. For scuba, I have found THE most comfortable mask (and its pretty low profile, not like the Nano though) is the Beuchat Mundial. A lot of companies have copied it so be careful, they may look like it but dont fit like the Mundial. I do know that Halcyon for a while sold it rebranded, Diverite has one but I dont know if it is a rebrand or a knock off. Ive tried on knockoffs that dont even fit. Nose pocket is perfect in the Mundial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom