Mask Help!! Under nose not sealing :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ignore what is happening around the nose. It doesn't matter to your vision or breathing. It is just an annoyance.

When you do a valsalva maneuver, you pinch the pliable nose pocket of the mask and the tiny void in the nose area from pinching with your fingers can cause a tiny bit of water to go in the nose pocket or you may have bubbles come out. Exhaling through the nose will cause bubbles to come out of the mask.

I trim the upper part of my mustache and use a liberal amount of silicone on what is left of my mustache. If a small amount of water gets pulled into the nose pocket when I equalize I ignore it.

Let the hair grow back and use silicone/super lube on the upper lip and feel the seal.

I've tried a ton of masks shaved, unshaved, Amish and the only real seal I've gotten is when I use the silicone on the lip.

Yeah or sunscreen or face cream, vaseline or,

Just took these pics with my phone.

As for purge masks constantly leaking; I can only speak to my own personal experience. I had major issues with good quality, well fitting mask without nose valve. I've got 80 dives on this model, 27 on the one my brother lent me and the remainder on the one in the pics; all without leak issues.

See how the nose seal is not cut forward of the skirt

IMG_5341.jpeg

Magnificent!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom