Mask trouble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corpsman82

Reaction score
the current mask i have hurts the hell out of my septum it gets to the point to were i have a nose bleed every time i come up so obviously i need a new mask so what would u recommend when i try them on? when i tried on this mask it seemed like it fit comfortably....or could it be a prob when i exhale and the bubbles push the mask up puttin pressure on the septum ( the "bridge" inbetween each nostral) anyne else have or heard of someone haveing this problim? maybe can recomend a mask? the one i have is a scubapro i forget the exact model i dont have it with me.

Either its to tight on you , or you need a different mask . I went thru 4 different masks before i found the on that fit me perfect.

guess im gonna have to go that route cuz ive tried lossing it up an it dosent work

Go see C at Torii station , she has great knowledge unlike most of the other dive shops on the island . If they dont have a mask that fits you there , she will give you great tips on what to look for in a mask at the other shops on Okinawa . BTW say Hi to Gary and C for me while your there.

Len

I had similar difficulty.. I am on my 3rd mask and have solved my problems..

Cressi Minima... its a very very low volume mask, so there is *not* a bunch of air in the mask making it buoyant..

(my path started with an aqualung purge mask, then a tusa? with really large lenses for 'easier viewing', then the minima which I can see great with, and it sticks to my face like glue.. doesn't try to rip my nose off =)

Take care,
Scott

I had the same problem with my first mask. It felt fine in the store, and fine in class pool sessions. Mine didn't really bother me until I went on a trip and was diving several days in a row. When you go to try one on, try it with a reg (or at least a snorkel) in your mouth. You would be surprised how much that changes the fit. I'm using a Mares X-Vision. I don't know that anything makes it more suitable for those with this problem, just that it fits me well, but it might be worth a try.

If you are associated with a good store, many will let you dive on a "trial" basis. They do want you to give $$$ up front to avoid the obvious dive and return deal (like buying a dress, wearing it and return---NO I DON'T WEAR DRESSES, but kilts are cool...ok, I digress)

Anyway, the shop wants the customer to be happy. If you find a mask, or other equipment, is not a good fit, they will allow you to return it, pick out and try another (and either pay the $$ difference, or refund if original was more, etc.). If your shop has its own pool and/or diving tank, this is great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom