Mask hurts my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freeness

Registered
Reaction score
I've tried several masks that all seem to fit well in the store, but when I dive they seem to press up against the underside of my nose. It seems that with the regulator in there is just no room between the top of my lip and the bottom of my nose for the skirt to sit comfortable.

Any idea?

Looks like a smaller mask would provide a viable solution.

Have you tried out a low volume or frameless mask? Maybe a softer silicone skirt would help too.

bring a regulator mouthpiece or a snokel with you to the shop the next time you go to try on masks. Really push the mask up and around to see if pressure points contact your nose.

Good luck!

Bwerb is so right. Never try on a mask without a reg or snorkel in your mouth....pref a reg. It really distorts the shape of your face (look at all the diver photos....think they look like that normally????) and makes a real difference with fit.

I had the same problem with I dove with a mask with a purge valve. I ditched it for masks with no purge valve. Problem solved, for me at least.

Thanks for the advice. I just bought an X-Vision mask. I'll try it out on Thursday, so hopefully it will work better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom