Mask Advice Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most all of the LDS here in Indiana will give you a 30 day trial with dive gear, with very few exceptions. This gives the LDS an advantage over internet purchases. This is a great customer service and reduces buyer’s remorse...

Very Zen, but also very accurate. Atomic Frameless Mid for about a year. Just got a ScubaPro Spectra (also black skirt :eyebrow:) So far in pool sessions it's as dry as anything. I'll have to see how it is in the big pond. Maybe another mask has chosen....

Perhaps it is magic.

If the Atomic feels to big, maybe try the Medium Fit which runs a more narrow in the skirt...

If the Atomic feels to big, maybe try the Medium Fit which runs a more narrow in the skirt...

Both the Atomic Frameless and the Mares X Liquid Skin were mid size. The Mares is a little narrower at the temples. It also rides a little higher on my upper lip.

I bought the Liquid Skin, but if I ever get a chance to try the Atomic on a dive, I will. If it's dry, I'll buy one for the FOV and black skirt.

I could probably find this elsewhere... but it seems to be close to topic...

I just purchased the AA Frameless in clear. LOVE IT!!!

I haven't cleaned a new mask in 14 years.

Any recommendations or caveats to beware of?

Can I use the old crest toothpaste method?

Thanks.

I could probably find this elsewhere... but it seems to be close to topic...

I just purchased the AA Frameless in clear. LOVE IT!!!

I haven't cleaned a new mask in 14 years.

Any recommendations or caveats to beware of?

Can I use the old crest toothpaste method?

Thanks.

Yes, it worked for me. That mask takes a lot of scrubbing, like 15 minutes.

The pastes seem to work better than the gels. More abrasive, I'm guessing???

Went through 9 mask brands until I found the SeaVision Ultra (I use the clear lens). Simply doesn't leak (for me), and I have a stache...

I've heard: "...well, you know how to clear... just clear more often...". Not acceptable.

My personal priority list for masks (in order of importance):

1. Good fit (NOT leak).
2. Comfort
3. View (seems low on the totem, but if it's constantly leaking, and feels like crap on your face, you can't really enjoy the view)
4. Fogging (I've found different masks tend to fog differently, even with the same de-foggers).
5. Price (if all the above work -- it's worth the price).
6. Cool factor (not really a functional priority -- but *always* a factor with our gear).

Another Zen point- it always seems that the 'cooler' the mask is the worse it fits.

Once again, the mask chooses the diver.....:shades:

I have the atomic black frameless, it's amazing...

my first mask was the X-vision clear skirt. I thought I loved that until I wore the atomic black frameless....

Back
Top Bottom