Marking AI Transmitters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TASCPA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How are people with multiple computers in the family matching the computers and transmitters? Paint, tape, always diving into the settings and then finding the correct Transmitter?

I would use either colored Sharpies, or Sharpie pain pens. They seem to hold up on all the other dive gear.

I would use either colored Sharpies, or Sharpie pain pens. They seem to hold up on all the other dive gear.

Hmmm. Don't have any of those at home, but will try one Monday. Seems like the dark grey body of the Transmitter would make that hard to differentiate?

For the Perdix side, what would be nice would be replaceable battery caps in matching colors.

Do the paint pen versions lay on a thick enough layer to not matter that the surface is so dark?

Once mounted on my first stage, I don't take it off. So, it's just a matter of knowing which reg set goes with which computer. Not a problem, for me. If you and your family members have identical reg sets and computers, it shouldn't be hard to do SOMETHING to distinguish them without needing to mark AI transmitters.

So my transmitters are on Quick disconnects and come off the reg sets for various reasons

I mark mine in two ways:

1. I write teh last 4 digits of the serial number on the transmitter using a paint marker. With this I can confirm the Computer has registered the correct TX with the cylinder. On teh end of the TX I write a Letter (main for main tank) S for Stage/pony D for deco. It's just a quick reference when putting them on the reg sets.

2. I use a bit of coloured duct tape on each TX - one colour for me, another for my wife.

The markings for me seem to last 6 months/50 dives.

Why do I remove the TX.

I don't need them on for pool training dives with students - wastes the battery

The Summer air temperature is detrimental to the battery life, so I remove the TX to store inside the house as soon as I come off a trip. The gear gets left outside to wash and dry (out of the sun but it's still above 100F and night in the Summer)

We have more reg sets than TX so I can mix and match to suit circumstances.

nail polish with initials on the face, label printer with name and phone number on the back / around the TX. usually have to replace the labels about every 50 dives / every year.

Mark-it paint. Use one or two dots. Let druy for 24 hrs before touching.

silver sharpie

I bought a bunch of tiny zip-ties in assorted colors, then wrap a loop of zip tie on the AI transmitter in a certain color (say RED), then wrap a loop of that same color zip tie (RED) to the AI wrist unit....so that RED goes with RED. On reg set # 2, I'll do the same thing, but use a pair of (BLUE) zip ties, (different color for different reg set). If you have more reg sets than you have colors, you get creative and use, say, TWO zip ties, so that say, reg set # 7 is identified by a GREEN/BLUE combo), so that you're using a total of 4 zip ties to identify that reg sets transmitter/wrist unit pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom