Mares X Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my x-vision as well, but I do agree with ColdH20diving about finding extra straps. My nearest Mares dealer is about an hour away. Does anyone have a source online?

I too bought a Mares X-Vision because I read that it had a very good field of vision. That was an understatement, because of the wide angle and the way the eyes are positioned closer to the glass the field of vision is outstanding. I did several dives in Coz over the 4th of July weekend and it didn't leak once. Also, the mask is very light at only 6.7 oz. I used to take my mask off at the surface because I found it uncomfortable, not with my X-Vision I hardly even notice it's on. I hope everyone finds this useful!

:thumb:
Matt

I had to buy the Mares X today in Prahran ... cause Sonski told me to ... they better be good! Going to Kota Kinabalu next week! Im not very excited ... but she would swim there now if she had the choice ...:wink:

After a couple more dive trips, I really like the X-Vision better and better. It is incredibly comfortable with excellent field of vision.
If I have any complain, it is the strap. Not only that it is difficult to find replacement, it is also very soft. My snorkel kept twisting the strap and the mouth piece would kept geting in the way. It was alsmot imporssible to keep the snorkel straight. I finally took the snorkel off and problem solved. If you are one of those who must have a snorkel attached to a mask all the time, it may not be the ideal mask.

I switched over to an X-Vison a few months ago and have been very happy with it. Great field of vision, low volume, and very comfortable.

I heard several folks with complaints about the strap, but I really like that part of it. This mask has the best strap and buckle setup that I have seen on a mask. VERY easy to adjust, even under water.

One issue that I had: I used to "nose breath" a lot, exhaling through mask (no purge...). With my previous mask this was no problem. With the X-Vision I was leaking all over the place until I changed my behavior. Now I love it.

Dave

I just got my X-Vision and overall I like it, but the thick plastic between the eyes really pressed against my brow, especially at depth. Equalizing the mask didn't really help. Any suggestions?

Took it down to the Cayman Islands... much better than my previous masks. The only problem was a little leakage towards the bottom of my nose... I just had to move the mask downwards a bit

I am torn between upgrading my OLD tri-view for either an Mares X Vision or the Cressi-Sub Big Eyes. Has anyone tried them side by side? SSRA30, do you have any regret over your lost Big Eyes? If you started from scratch, which one would you buy now?

Thanks,
Rob

rjdiver once bubbled...
I am torn between upgrading my OLD tri-view for either an Mares X Vision or the Cressi-Sub Big Eyes. Has anyone tried them side by side? SSRA30, do you have any regret over your lost Big Eyes? If you started from scratch, which one would you buy now?

Thanks,
Rob
I have both masks, but recently I have changed from the Big Eyes to the X-Vision. On me the Big Eyes had a bit of a leaking problem. Wasn't bad, but annoying anyway.

The X-Vision is awesome! Low volume, great sight lines and no leaks. The trouble with masks is that everyones face is different and one mask won't fit all of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom