Mares X Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbuK

Registered
Reaction score
I purchased this mask some 3 months ago and snce then have made just under 50 dives with it.

If you want a mask with unparalleled all round vision, low volume, comfortable an not too expensive I challenge anyone to better it! My recommendations have resulted in 3 friends buying them, one of whom kept it as a spare (the low volume & profile being ideal for the pocket of a BCD), leant it to a lady whose mask leaked and she then purchased it off him on the spot!

Highly recommended!!

I started using one about 6 months ago when I lost my 'old' $110 mask. Have to say I really think it is a great mask. Even with full face hair it keeps the floodding down to a min. and really easy to clear.

I like hearing those words of endorsement.
I am waiting for mine to be delivered, probably early next week. Heard they were very nice!!

I purchased an 'X' Vision mask several months ago, it's the best mask I've tried so far. The only down side so far is finding a replacement strap. I'd like to include one in my save a dive kit, no one seemed to carry them at the time, maybe it's better now.

I am new to buying dive equipment and I have to say I am relieved to hear this mask is well recieved. I just bought this and a Shotgun 2 snorkel and some Mares fins for my impending trip to Hawaii, hopefully I will be nice and comfy.

Great field of vision and no leaks. Very easy to purge, too. I bought it on a recommendation I got here and I've been very happy with it.

Which is better?: the Mares X Vision or TUSA Visualator? These seem to be the top runners on the market for general scuba right now. Any other recomendations?

I have been using the X Vision for about 3 months. I have about 20 dives on it. Warm water in Cozumel and Thailand, plus cold water in BC. I am very happy with it. My other mask is a Scubapro Fina. It's also a good mask, but it now waits in my dive bag for emergencies or someone who needs one. Field of vision is excellent. It's very light. No leakage problems and when I need to purge it is easier than the Fina. Only complaint is that I look like a complete bug with the thing on. Scuba is a fashion show don't ya know.....

Jimi

jcecil once bubbled...
Which is better?: the Mares X Vision or TUSA Visualator? These seem to be the top runners on the market for general scuba right now. Any other recomendations?

The Tusa Visualator looks like a nice mask, I haven't tried one yet. I have a Cressi Horizon mask, it sits in my gear bag now as I prefer the X vision.

I switched to X-Vision after I dropped my Cressi Big Eye overboard (unintentionally). The X-Vision may have slightly larger field of vision but I am not sure. My old Cressi had clear skirt where as my new X-Vision has black skirt so I get a little bit more tunnel vision effect (but better for photography). X-vision pinched my nose a little more but the skirt is softer and more comfortable overall. I think the X-vision tends to leak in water a bit more readily than the Cressi but clearing the mask is very easy.
I think I would be very happy with either but since I don't have them for side by side comparison, it would be tough to say which one is definitely better. I have not tried the Visualator since I need a mask that I can use prescription lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom