March in Cozumel 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sitting at IAH airport... Gonna be later than expected. Our flight was over booked. Slight change of plans. We are now going to CUN 1st class and with two $500 vouchers plus vouchers for lunch and bus ferry transportation. Life is an adventure:D.
Now we can come back for free next time!!!

Ja, ja. For over a grand, it's definitely worth taking the bump. Hope it goes smoothly!!!

Sitting at IAH airport... Gonna be later than expected. Our flight was over booked. Slight change of plans. We are now going to CUN 1st class and with two $500 vouchers plus vouchers for lunch and bus ferry transportation. Life is an adventure:D.

Now that's the way to get bumped! Looks like your upgrade to first class on the first leg of your trip really paid off.

Nice! I hope mine is overbooked too.. Preferably at IAH so I can hang with some friends.

I've been scouring the forums looking for the latest airline policies having to do with transporting can lights. I figure one of the best places to get the most current information would be in this thread - if anyone has transported something similar recently.

I have a Green Force Flexi II pack and you cannot remove the batteries, at least not that I can see with any ease. I would prefer to take this aboard as carry on along with the umbilical and light head, but I'd also prefer not to be delayed.

Has anyone transported lights like these to CZM from the States recently? If so, I'd definitely appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks!
David

I've been scouring the forums looking for the latest airline policies having to do with transporting can lights. I figure one of the best places to get the most current information would be in this thread - if anyone has transported something similar recently.

I have a Green Force Flexi II pack and you cannot remove the batteries, at least not that I can see with any ease. I would prefer to take this aboard as carry on along with the umbilical and light head, but I'd also prefer not to be delayed.

Has anyone transported lights like these to CZM from the States recently? If so, I'd definitely appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks!
David

David,
Not sure about can lights but I know batteries in checked bags are a no no. I'm sure that you'll be carrying a big battery for that light. Check the TSA site for latest.

Someone has to teach me the "M-QUOTE" function (among other things).
Update:
Sitting in the President's Club since 9:00 or so. This is a real nice place to wait! Free food and booze. Got the laptop to pass the time. Called Kay at the Villa to tell her we're going to be late. Flight for IAH to CUN Departure was 2:15 is now 3:45. Equipment change. Something must have broke.:shakehead: Was 757 now 737-900. We stopped by the gate to check in. Good thing we stopped by with the plane change. There was a big standby list. We're getting on this flight this time. Lady says "Oh, You still have your seats":confused:! The Seats are 1A and 1B. The front row in 1st class. If it was earlier I might be tempted to do another bump. Maybe on the way home!:eyebrow:

Hey Sal. Welcome back! Met you briefly at Wendy's in November. Pleeease tell me that you were there. I'm advocating manditory name tags for all scubaboard get togethers.:D

Thanksgiving week I was there - in CZM and enjoying the scenery at WW's. Looking forward to doing that again! I do believe we met, Ken.

Thanks BTravlin! I enjoy La Choza, to be sure. I'll put it on my to do list!

Joe, if you don't see me around the Villa, you ain't looking! ST is about 30 seconds away. We get picked up at the Villa every AM. Have to come do sunset with Kay and Greg some, too!
Good score on the bump! I hope I make it OK. I am coming through Cancun for the first time to try to squeeze an extra half day.

Might it be a good idea to get a roll call together for the La Choza meeting on the 21st and the Wet Wendys meeting on the 25th? First one there could then request a table or tables for the right amount of people and tell the waiter it's the SB table. Everyone else then comes in and just asks for the SB table. Put us down as highly probable for both evenings.

OK, This is what I get for La Choza on Sunday night:
Caseybird (Stephen & Susan)
BTTravlin 2
Diverken374 (2)?
Suprane (2)
Apologies if I missed anyone. Add your name to the list. I'll get there a little early to set up a table. I'll be the big gringo in a white shirt!:D

Definitely not the 24th -- that's Day 1 of the Red Cross's Collection Month and I'm certain to have official duties. After that, you can twist my arm to go!

March 24th is day 1 of the collection month? Is that based on the Mayan calendar or the Cozumel/Red Cross calendar? Feel free to hit me up for your collection and I'm sure that the rest of the Scubaboarders would like to contribute. We are talking money....not blood?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom