March CZM....it's time to start the list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I will be there 4-10 Mar, staying at Suites Bahia. Diving with Blue XT. This is our first trip to CZM and we'd love to meet some other folks from ScubaBoard. I'd also appreciate any advice on buying a skin suit down there. I live in Alaska and the selection here for warm water diving isn't great. I've been told I won't need anything but a shortie wetsuit but I get cold easy and was thinking this might be just the ticket. Any insight? Can't wait to get there! New Moons (aka Jane)

New Moons:
My husband and I will be there 4-10 Mar, staying at Suites Bahia. Diving with Blue XT. This is our first trip to CZM and we'd love to meet some other folks from ScubaBoard. I'd also appreciate any advice on buying a skin suit down there. I live in Alaska and the selection here for warm water diving isn't great. I've been told I won't need anything but a shortie wetsuit but I get cold easy and was thinking this might be just the ticket. Any insight? Can't wait to get there! New Moons (aka Jane)
Hey Jane - if you get cold easily, you probably want a 3 mil rather than just a skin .... reports show the current water temp at 78. Normally for Feb or March diving in Coz I wear a full 3 mil suit, rather than my shortie, and I don't get cold easily .... of course living in Alaska, I'm sure cold for you is a whole different world than it is for me living in Texas!!!:wink: :D

New Moons:

I was just there in late January early February and I wore a 3mm full, I was just right. The DM I was diving with was wearing a 5/7 he bought it mostly for diving the cenotes as they tend to be colder (he ordered his wetsuit over the internet). I ordered my wetsuit over the internet (no good selection of warm water suits here in Alaska) but my suit didn't fit all that great. I would go with a full suit for the protection too. Try contacting the dive op they may rent wetsuits with their rental gear too.
Have fun, choco

I wear skins under a shorty & do fine most of the time....If it's a little cooler, get you a chicken hood....Those 3 should be all you ever need there.......Also, get yourself onto these internet places(2 that I know of give SB members a 10% disc). I ordered new skins($40) & that chicken hood($30 I believe) for my last trip to CZM in Oct, used the hood on the 1st dive only, 'bout burned up...lol....Thinking you'll get them in some time by the end of next week, but in Alaska, you might need a little extra for quicker shipping........Hurry...hurry....the warm waters are a callin'.....We're there diving the 7th thru 11th....who knows who may pull up & tap you on your tank...........CAN'T WAIT EITHER........

Hi All,

I was wondering, with so many of y'all being in Coz at the same time, whether we should organize a mass ScubaBoarder's dinner. Since I'm suggesting it and I'm gonna be in Coz the last week in March, I elect *that* time for the dinner :D. Tony Rome's is a cool place unless somebody has a better idea.

So, anyone up for dinner?

Code Monkey:
Hi All,

I was wondering, with so many of y'all being in Coz at the same time, whether we should organize a mass ScubaBoarder's dinner. Since I'm suggesting it and I'm gonna be in Coz the last week in March, I elect *that* time for the dinner :D. Tony Rome's is a cool place unless somebody has a better idea.

So, anyone up for dinner?

Mission on 30th
Sonora Grill
Camilos
La Choza
Le Chef
Casa Denis
Especias

Just to name a few alternative options.

We're leaving in 2 days, staying until the 5th at Barracuda and diving with Blue XT Sea. An early March dinner would work for us.

Back
Top Bottom