March 24TH & 25TH 2007 Panhandle Dive N Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg:
Is Morrisons that crowded now? I was just talking about camping at Vortex, not diving there. I may spend the night at Destin Saturday night, I just figured it would be crowded because of spring break:)

This past weekend, I hear there were over a hundred divers at Morrison between the typical classes, FSU's divers, and some CSIish divers doing training.

Vortex gets a tremendous amount of spring breakers as well. Usually the trailer trashish type of crowd, whoohoo! LOL :D

denisegg:

They use the Y Knot don't they?

Yep, YKnot, tis a fast boat too!

frankc420:
Matt acts like he cares about visibility and/or other people being in the water, when he dives a wreck weekly that usually has less than 10' vis. Sounds to me like he's trying to drop hints here and there to not go. Am I on the money? :D

Low vis doesn't bother me at all, when I have to share a small divesite with several other classes who don't have enough training(possibly respect) not to make an attempt not to kick up the bottom - I get irritated. Such as life eh? I like my low visibility natural, not man-made :p

mike_s:
what boat/charter operator is Oriskany Dive master using for the trip?

It's the Y-Knot. 400 snorting horses powering a 29 foot catamaran with a cruise speed of 30 mph, and a time in route to the Oriskany of 1:13...

denisegg:
Uno, I know you have a bit of a problem with math but you don't have to count past Uno.:D...you don't need anyone from your LDS's inactive divers to go on an O trip, you can go with us.:)
Hehe, I'm really tempted, but when I dive the big O, it's going to be with J.'s older sister. It's just not a dive I want to dive without a buddy with whom I am implicitly familiar and whose style I know blindfolded.

Rachel and I are alike in personality, style, training, and just about the rest of diving (other than gear, which is not the same, and SAC, because she doesn't breathe). For diving, that makes for an excellent buddy team worthy of a fairly advanced dive (which we will be doing when we do the big O), even if we'd likely kill each other within a week if we ever got shipwrecked on one of the three islands not currently filming a reality show or fielding cruise ship passengers.

Sadly, as she bought a divemobile (to replace her unrevivable old Toyota), she couldn't afford a drysuit this year, so she hasn't been diving enough to make a big O trip viable so soon. I'll convert her to the damp side by next year, I certainly hope... :D

Oh, or were you expecting witty banter? Sadly, I'm fresh out of that. Been working shuttle diplomacy in two other forums all evening. :wink:

Honestly, I don't know what you guys are waiting for... I just called Dive Pros and put my name on the list for March 24th and put my CC on file for them to bill me. I talked to Merrick, and he said the dates all around the 24th are filling up so you guys might want to get on the ball and call.

FYI, I'm the only one on the list... that's kinda sad considering DENISE is the one that wanted to dive the big 'O'.

I forgot to mention, I'll need someone to share a room with... I don't care what city/state we stay in, it just has to be a reasonable price.

Males only. Respecting the wife is my #1 goal :D

For those interested in diving the Oriskany on March 24th:

Call the Dive Pros at 850 456 8845 and get on the manifest.

The cost is $150 for the charter. The Oriskany Divemaster(Eric) has agreed to waive his regular DM fee of $50 per diver and provide the group with a free guided tour.

We now have 3 on the manifest:
Denise
Andy
Frank

(They are holding the other 3 spots for Scubaboard members only for one more week, but they are getting very busy and have others who want these spots so please call them if you want to go with us on that day)

snepdiver:
I would love to go. It is just not in the budget now.

Clay,
Mat is going to take people shore diving on the 24th at the Destin Jetties for those not wanting to go on the Oriskany trip. We will still all get together (2 groups diving the Oriskany and the shore divers) at Deweys that night and eat.

PHD has graciously agreed to bring one of his custom made smokers to Morrisons on March the 25th and cook for us. I think rather than everyone trying to bring their own meat and people arriving at different times it may be easier to get a head count and then let everyone pay a $ amount per person for the meat and then bring side dishes to go with it.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this.

We want everyone in the Deep Dixie and North Florida area to feel welcome and participate in the shore, boat and spring diving. It will give us all a chance to meet new dive buddies and make new friends.

Back
Top Bottom