Malapascua Operators and Accomodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am not really sure, chip. we paid Php1K per dive when we were there (i only saw the site when i got back to makati- which actually got me thinking if we were ripped off :rofl3: pinoy talaga :rofl3: but considering other dive ops are charging Php1300-1500, i tried to appease myself. hehehe. )

i know for sure that when you will do the farther sites like Gato Island, you pay a premium (which didn't happen in our case though, it was a flat rate he gave us, near or far!) and i really recommend that people shouldn't miss it.

il contact Naz later today and will clarify it for you.

Hi,

I'm a newbie.. Did only 10 dives so far :shakehead:... I've been planning to go to Malapascua for months now, but was very confused on when/where/how to do it, until I saw this thread.. Just wanted to say thanks to Maggie, et al, for sharing all the info!

I've finally booked non-refundable tickets to Cebu - i guess no turning back for me :D Now choosing which dive resort/operator to use.. Wish me luck!

Hi,

I'm a newbie.. Did only 10 dives so far :shakehead:... I've been planning to go to Malapascua for months now, but was very confused on when/where/how to do it, until I saw this thread.. Just wanted to say thanks to Maggie, et al, for sharing all the info!

I've finally booked non-refundable tickets to Cebu - i guess no turning back for me :D Now choosing which dive resort/operator to use.. Wish me luck!

Daisy- i can recommend bantigue's Naz. he guided our dives the last time we were there. we are happy with him. do not miss Gato Island!

I'm in Malapascua now... We had some bad weather here (it's that time of year), so there were some dives cancelled. I still ended up doing 25 dives in 8 days. Also completed Nitrox and Wreck specialties and I have the written test for my Rescue Diver course tomorrow morning.

I think I've seen everything that Malapascua has to offer. Everything from Thresher Sharks (on 3 different dives!), a Manta Ray (on my only Manta Ray dive!), a Frogfish, Pygmy Seahorses, Mandarin Fish mating, lot's of different types of lionfish, sea snakes, nudibranchs, Whitetip Reef Sharks... it's been a really nice trip so far :) Thresher Shark Divers has some really great dive guides :)

I'm headed to Cebu in the afternoon tomorrow and will fly to Manila on Saturday. I've got 4 more dive days. I've pretty much decided to go ahead and do Puerto Galera (unless I change my mind ;-)). I'll be back in Japan on Friday November 9th. I'll be posting pictures when I get back. I don't have pictures of everything (still working on my photography), but I'll have plenty of stuff for everyone to look at :)

I'll post a more complete trip report when I get back :)

I'm in Malapascua now... We had some bad weather here (it's that time of year), so there were some dives cancelled. I still ended up doing 25 dives in 8 days. Also completed Nitrox and Wreck specialties and I have the written test for my Rescue Diver course tomorrow morning.

I think I've seen everything that Malapascua has to offer. Everything from Thresher Sharks (on 3 different dives!), a Manta Ray (on my only Manta Ray dive!), a Frogfish, Pygmy Seahorses, Mandarin Fish mating, lot's of different types of lionfish, sea snakes, nudibranchs, Whitetip Reef Sharks... it's been a really nice trip so far :) Thresher Shark Divers has some really great dive guides :)

I'm headed to Cebu in the afternoon tomorrow and will fly to Manila on Saturday. I've got 4 more dive days. I've pretty much decided to go ahead and do Puerto Galera (unless I change my mind ;-)). I'll be back in Japan on Friday November 9th. I'll be posting pictures when I get back. I don't have pictures of everything (still working on my photography), but I'll have plenty of stuff for everyone to look at :)

glad to know that you're enjoying your stay. we'll sure be waiting for those pics. :wink:

Good on ya! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your time in paradise. Now, you have a mission should you accept it......
Go back to work, tell all of your friends how beautiful the Philippines is and make many group trips back!!! See, easy......:D

that's really awesome Bill! Congrats on passing your courses! :)

So next time around we'll do Coron together. :D

I think I've seen everything that Malapascua has to offer. Everything from Thresher Sharks (on 3 different dives!), a Manta Ray (on my only Manta Ray dive!), a Frogfish, Pygmy Seahorses, Mandarin Fish mating, lot's of different types of lionfish, sea snakes, nudibranchs, Whitetip Reef Sharks... it's been a really nice trip so far :) Thresher Shark Divers has some really great dive guides :)QUOTE]

Glad to hear you got your diving in and enjoyed most of what Malapascua has to offer. Where were the pygmy seahorses? My last trip there they were missing at Gato.

Bill, that,s really cool to hear. I can,t wait to read your trip report as I'm considering (read trying to find the $$) going.

Cheers!

that's really awesome Bill! Congrats on passing your courses! :)

So next time around we'll do Coron together. :D

The problem with the Philippines is..... there are so many great places to dive, it's hard to decide where to go. I am considering making the next trip a wreck trip. Start with Subic Bay and then do Coron. I'll definetly let you know. I'm planning on trying to make it back again around March/April timeframe :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom