Malapascua Operators and Accomodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sweet maggie.

it says on their site that they charge differently for "1 dive" vs. a "fun dive"? Do you know the difference?

And are the pics on the facebook of bantique cove?

sweet maggie.

it says on their site that they charge differently for "1 dive" vs. a "fun dive"? Do you know the difference?

And are the pics on the facebook of bantique cove?

i am not really sure, chip. we paid Php1K per dive when we were there (i only saw the site when i got back to makati- which actually got me thinking if we were ripped off :rofl3: pinoy talaga :rofl3: but considering other dive ops are charging Php1300-1500, i tried to appease myself. hehehe. )

i know for sure that when you will do the farther sites like Gato Island, you pay a premium (which didn't happen in our case though, it was a flat rate he gave us, near or far!) and i really recommend that people shouldn't miss it.

il contact Naz later today and will clarify it for you.

got zee to look at his topside pics of malapascua last night. here are the views around Bantigue cove resort... really nice place. :)

sunset view from the cottage:
1524185792_f84f2e4577.jpg

very nice capture & lovely tone!

@zee: get a nikon :D

chip- i talked to naz already. 850Php is the group rate (8pax); 1200Php is the normal rate. :). i have his number when you get round to planning your trip na.

Damn, 2.5-3k for private transport...that's a lot of pesos. That's one of the reasons why I'm hesitant in going to Sogod for the whalesharks, it costs 3K one way from the airport to the resort as well.

You should be able to arrange transportation for about 2k one way 3-3.5 hours. I usually take a car up to Maya and the bus back because I'm too lazy to get up that early. The bus ride if you take say 11am-12pm bus May to Cebu will be more like 5 hour ride because of the rush hour traffic as you get into Cebu. It might be a little quicker with an earlier bus. FYI- remember which side of the bus will be on the sunny side on your trip to be a little cooler and avoid one dark arm.

You should be able to arrange transportation for about 2k one way 3-3.5 hours. I usually take a car up to Maya and the bus back because I'm too lazy to get up that early. The bus ride if you take say 11am-12pm bus May to Cebu will be more like 5 hour ride because of the rush hour traffic as you get into Cebu. It might be a little quicker with an earlier bus.

i agree. we took the 5am bus and we were already in Maya before 9am. :).

public transpo isn't that bad! :)

I dare you to try the bus from Dumaguete to Cebu some time.:( ouch, and only one cr break.:shakehead:

jason, i spent university days in Dumaguete... and i have to endure a 5.5hr bus ride (non aircon) to reach san carlos.

only one cr break too. but then, that was the least of my concern, never started using public rest rooms then.

but hey, i dreaded it then... and dreaded it still when i remind myself of it. but i was expecting the worst when we board the bus to maya... turned out fine! :D

cebu -maya?

ever thought about just grabbing a metered cab at the airport? should cost about 1 - 1.2Kphp

never did it to maya but to moalboal we had about 900php on the meter. distances should be about equal. maya slightly more.

you must be a really good negotiator. most cabs wont agree to meter rate for distances like that since they wont have any fare on the way back.

Back
Top Bottom