Malapascua Operators and Accomodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its definitely more laidback, mark. i and zee took a public non-aircon bus from cebu to maya. cost us really cheap (taxi fair from cebu hotel to ceres terminal was higher!!!). an airconditioned bus would have been nice but they do not have one that goes all the way to Maya anymore. so it was that or private transportation (Php2.5-3k one way).

i suggest you leave early in the morning, 5am. it only took us less than 4 hours to reach Maya wharf.

Thanks Magz, anything else to do there other than dive? And I think you need a better octo holder. :D

its definitely more laidback, mark. i and zee took a public non-aircon bus from cebu to maya. cost us really cheap (taxi fair from cebu hotel to ceres terminal was higher!!!). an airconditioned bus would have been nice but they do not have one that goes all the way to Maya anymore. so it was that or private transportation (Php2.5-3k one way).

i suggest you leave early in the morning, 5am. it only took us less than 4 hours to reach Maya wharf.

Damn, 2.5-3k for private transport...that's a lot of pesos. That's one of the reasons why I'm hesitant in going to Sogod for the whalesharks, it costs 3K one way from the airport to the resort as well.

Thanks Magz, anything else to do there other than dive? And I think you need a better octo holder. :D

:11: hey, there's a separate thread to discuss that!!!!!

:laughing:

again, there is a separate thread for that! go find it and lodge your complaints there! :laughing:

mark- snorkeling can be done in some areas around malapascua. and they also have some "nearby" islands you can hop into. i am not sure what they meant by nearby... gato is considered nearby by the locals, and it took us an hour to reach it.

I think I'll get a bus from Cebu.. or if i'm lazy i'll ask the Divecenter to arrange for a car. It will take around three hours I think. The atmosphere is very laid back. Haven't really tried to snorkel so I cant give you an answer.. But there are snorkeling trips.

you can also rent a scooter and have a bit of fun flying form village to village and giving the kids hi-fives and takign their photos. alternatively,getting a back massage is a great way to spend 300pesos and an hour.

Z..

got zee to look at his topside pics of malapascua last night. here are the views around Bantigue cove resort... really nice place. :)

sunset view from the cottage:
1524185792_f84f2e4577.jpg

the resort during mornings:
1523377123_4b03363e66.jpg

view from our cottage:

1523375363_e016c0653a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom