Malapascua Operators and Accomodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm...what's the ST forum?

Scuba Toys has their own forum.... most of my posting is there. I found this board and specifically Philippine Paradise Divers from a post on that board when I was researching my last trip.

i love the pics....!

my ex-bf just did moalboal last august07 too and he said there were so much stuff to see there. he also saw turtles (boooohooooo). i guess, i shouldn't cross that site off my list, after all!

Thanks! I'm glad you like the photos, I'll be posting more soon.

I saw turtles on probably 80% of the dives I made in Moalboal. If I decide to make my next trip a Cebu trip instead of a wreck trip, then I will definitely go back there.

I'm thinking about trying to do three weeks next time and hit Bohol, Sogod Bay, Siquijor, Dumaguete, and Moalboal again at the end.

If I do a wreck trip, I would do Subic Bay first, then Coron. From Coron I'd catch the ferry to Puerto Princesa to catch a live-aboard to do Tubbataha Reef before coming home.

As I have already said many times.... the problem with the Philippines is there are just to many great places to dive! :wink:

Bill- u mentioned Tubbataha Reef and i am guessing you're looking at Feb-May trip next year, eh? or is it 2009?

Anyway, a good number of the PPD photogs are going to Southern Leyte for the whaleshark dive on Feb 22-25. and some of them will go directly to Cabilao (late February). in any case you are planning a trip on these dates, u should try and meet up with these folks. :).

Bill- u mentioned Tubbataha Reef and i am guessing you're looking at Feb-May trip next year, eh? or is it 2009?

Anyway, a good number of the PPD photogs are going to Southern Leyte for the whaleshark dive on Feb 22-25. and some of them will go directly to Cabilao (late February). in any case you are planning a trip on these dates, u should try and meet up with these folks. :).

Yes, next year... I can't think about 2009 yet, because I don't know where I will be. (I'm hoping to get Guam when I transfer from Japan in February 2009)

I was thinking more March-June timeframe. Not sure I can go on vacation so soon (3 1/2 months later) again.

I do still have plenty of vacation time though despite all the vacation I've taken in the last 12 months (1 trip to Thailand, 1 to the US, and 2 trips to the Philippines). I had saved 70 days leave while I was working in the middle east. I didn't take a vacation for over two years! I promised myself that I would never do that again :wink:

Chip mentioned the trip to Southern Leyte (but not exact dates) on the Scuba Toys board. I'm considering it :) The problem will be balance... money, vacation time, work schedule, etc.... I'm going to work it and see what I can do. I really want to do Tubbataha Reef though. That's high on my list. Of course my "list" is always changing :D

whoa! chip's been prancing around ST forum already?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

whoa! chip's been prancing around ST forum already?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I'm up to about 10 posts already! :D Hey, somebody's got to promote the diving in the Philippines over there. :wink:

It's mostly to get the $10 gift certificate. At 250 posts we get a $50 gift certificate - I swear, if we started a PPD thread over there we'd make that in 3 days! :)

Yes, next year... I can't think about 2009 yet, because I don't know where I will be. (I'm hoping to get Guam when I transfer from Japan in February 2009)

I was thinking more March-June timeframe. Not sure I can go on vacation so soon (3 1/2 months later) again.

I do still have plenty of vacation time though despite all the vacation I've taken in the last 12 months (1 trip to Thailand, 1 to the US, and 2 trips to the Philippines). I had saved 70 days leave while I was working in the middle east. I didn't take a vacation for over two years! I promised myself that I would never do that again :wink:

Chip mentioned the trip to Southern Leyte (but not exact dates) on the Scuba Toys board. I'm considering it :) The problem will be balance... money, vacation time, work schedule, etc.... I'm going to work it and see what I can do. I really want to do Tubbataha Reef though. That's high on my list. Of course my "list" is always changing :D

Glad to hear your plans to come back here, Bill. :)

Here's the thread about Leyte:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/203817-southern-leyte-part-ii.html

As mags said, we're going feb 22-25 and some of us are heading to cabilao afterwards. The man to talk to about it is Clgsamson - he's the one organizing it. Unfortunately I'm unsure about accomodation space at Sogod Bay resort - the last I heard the place was fully booked but there's another resort right by.

If you'll be back in the PI around March-April, I'll be planning a dive trip sometime around then - I'm pretty set on checking out General Santos diving with South Point Divers.

Going to tubbataha would be awesome, but at the expense of a week in tubbataha I could gallavant around to 3 different areas and spend the same amount of cash. :) not saying it's not worth it because it totally is, but I want to try see as much of the Philippines as possible. I'll be planning to go to Tubbataha the day I'm not on a student budget.

Back
Top Bottom