Malapascua island or Panglao island???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howdy or good morning silent running.

yep, will do manta island next time. i just got 5us left in my pocket ;-))

scr - haven't rebuilt a drager yet. travel with 70kg/140pds of gear already. but going ccr is very tempting.
drager-kiss, two 2liter composite bottles and a booster and you are in business.

swisstrav

swisstrav:
howdy or good morning silent running.

yep, will do manta island next time. i just got 5us left in my pocket ;-))

scr - haven't rebuilt a drager yet. travel with 70kg/140pds of gear already. but going ccr is very tempting.
drager-kiss, two 2liter composite bottles and a booster and you are in business.

swisstrav

Hi swisstrav, you must be a photog with all that gear. As for CCR gear, 2ltr cyls are pretty common and mostly available any place that caters to CCR, more and more now. And usually there's no need for a booster, an 800psi fill will do you for a good long time, 2+ hours. I can count the number of times I dove at a place with a booster on one finger. Nice to get a 3000psi O2 fill, but not necessary. I carry my Prism on the plane in a soft bag-26lbs-and the cyls and cowling go in the checked bags.

The Drager CCR adjustable needle valve KISS system is a good one, I know a bunch who dive this system, simple and cheap too. My buddy in PNG did both a Dolphin and a Ray CCR conversion, likes the Ray better for the better work of breathing. If you need any CCR advice let me know. I went from OC to SCR to CCR, much more wildlife interactions on CCR, never going back. -Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom