Malapascua island or Panglao island???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj:
Zippsy...I'll be in Singapore in a coupe of weeks via Bali and Timor. Suggestions on what to do for a day?...I'm staying at the Conrad.
Yeah, take me out to lunch. The Conrad is right next to my office. :D Actually, the best things to do in Singapore are visits to the zoo, night safari and underwaterworld. They are all defintely world class.

Alternatively take a stroll and get lost in Little India (my favorite), Chinatown and/or Arab Street. You'll find the most interesting things down the back lanes. Whaterever you do, dress comfortably and be prepared to sweat.

Finally, scuba gear is supposed to be cheap here. You can always shop. :p

http://www.zoo.com.sg/
http://www.nightsafari.com.sg/
http://www.underwaterworld.com.sg/

Or you could just get a bottle of red food coloring and take a swig, swish it around, and you would at least look like you found some betel nut without pondering the concept of whether coral powder in a betel nut chew is highly abrasive to the enamel and underlying dentin of your teeth and at some point excessive use might make you look like a cross between a crystal meth freak getting his or her tweak on too much and a carnivore who just consumed fresh kill.

Right about now you're probably thinking what King Arthur in the Holy Grail said right after Tim the Enchanters' warning about the Rabbit of Caer Bannog:

"What an eccentric performance"

While I sort thru my office emails, here's an amusing photo from Gato Island (Malapascua). A group of a certain nationalilty of divers doing a beautifully choreagraphed coral dance (thank god in an area that had little coral...)...

IMG_2106.jpg

edit: u think they scared off the white tip sleeping in that cave??? :rofl2:

yeah yeah, I'll post the thresher sharks and mating mandarins soon... :D

pakman:
While I sort thru my office emails, here's an amusing photo from Gato Island (Malapascua). A group of a certain nationalilty of divers doing a beautifully choreagraphed coral dance (thank god in an area that had little coral...)...

IMG_2106.jpg

hahahahahaha, your agents of mass destruction? Nice avatar, Michael.

pakman:

IMG_2106.jpg

Heavy traffic dude:wink:
Nice avatar Mike

Hehehe... actually they were just imitating me... Actually I wished I had video on my camera because that scene above was hilarious. Literally they were just all over the place. Up, down, breakdancing on their heads, standing on their fins, etc...

Actually in defense of the Special "K" divers, I came across a European/ American couple who were rototilling the hell out of the bottom. I mean really kicking up the debris. Pissed me off so much as I was trying to take some shots that I swam over to them and got their DM's attention, pointed out the sandstorm cloud his divers were creating, and gave him the "W.T.F." hand sign.

pakman:
Pissed me off so much as I was trying to take some shots that I swam over to them and got their DM's attention, pointed out the sandstorm cloud his divers were creating, and gave him the "W.T.F." hand sign.
"W.T.F." :lol: :lol: :lol:
you gave small or big finger "F" to the DM

Back
Top Bottom