Malapascua island or Panglao island???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi:
"W.T.F." :lol: :lol: :lol:
you gave small or big finger "F" to the DM

hehehe, no no, I'm not that mean... I just gave the DM a mean face and the "Why?" shrug... To his credit, he did start signaling his divers to rise further away from the floor:mooner:

So Pakman...I'm awaiting your report on making my decision on Malapascua....I'm looking to go about the same time as you did this year in 2007....really interested in which was your favorite for the big stuff?....and how was the weather?

pakman:
hehehe, no no, I'm not that mean... I just gave the DM a mean face and the "Why?" shrug... To his credit, he did start signaling his divers to rise further away from the floor:mooner:
he so lucky.....saw your mean face...:mooner:

me again

i was staying at the sun splash. a cosy little resort in the seccond row just behind of cococabana resort. the rooms have been nicely redone. by that time they had no hot water in the showers (in october no prob). paid 2500pesos which is too much without hot water - but still the best resort in town.

exotic resort is on the very end of the beach and as mentioned before, away from the action. found the rooms not very appealing and also too expensiv. i understand, they rund a good dive operation with own artifical housreef.

i dived with sea explorers. very closed to sun splash with excellent local guide. they did run a very professional business (as the only good seaexplorers shop. forget the others!!!)

travelnsj if you are the palau diver, both places have something for you. can't you split? say one week malapasqua and one week alona beach? if you really weight diving as your thing go malapascua.

travel hints: october is low season. you don't even need any reservations. i would just show up, have a look and decide on spot.

@docvikingo/mike vitch
no, never made it to donsol. was simply to lazy and it was not worth the travel for me. but during my next trip im thinking of passing through donsol.am i correct, you are not allowed to dive, only to snorkel?

dive sítes i plan to visit: mindanao, sipaly and southern leyte.
seeing again: malapascua and dumaguete
and of corse purto galera and anilao.
puerto was in may that good, i skipped a trip to tubbataha. just left before you came mike.

silent running
hi brother - like it silent too. never made it that far to the manta island. was only to snake island. but, one day i will return to alona beach again.

Swisstrav/Jbb...how far is Exotic from the action or Cocobana? 1 mile or 2?....I'm leaning in going with TSD and Cocobana.....and info is appreciated.

swisstrav:
me again

@docvikingo/mike vitch
no, never made it to donsol. was simply to lazy and it was not worth the travel for me. but during my next trip im thinking of passing through donsol.am i correct, you are not allowed to dive, only to snorkel?

yup, donsol is purely snorkeling.

Travelnsj:
So Pakman...I'm awaiting your report on making my decision on Malapascua....I'm looking to go about the same time as you did this year in 2007....really interested in which was your favorite for the big stuff?....and how was the weather?

Scott sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Here are some picks I took of some of the resorts/ diveshops on Malapascua. Exotic is further away but its not that far...

Short answer to your questions: definitely the Threshers were the main reason for my visiting Malapascua. Mantas are a plus (we saw them both on the morning and afternoon dives on Monad shoal). But what surprised me was what an amazing site the Lighthouse was with its mating mandarins and all sorts of interesting little critters.
Weather was surprisingly good for me through my entire trip. I was real worried that some typhoon would sneak up on me and wreck my trip plans but I had blue skies except for 1 overcast day/ short rain showers in Apo Island and 1 quick rain in Malapascua (cleared up before we surfaced).

Shot of Exotic
IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

walk past the nice beach lined with small fishing bangkas...
IMG_2413.jpg

And you eventually come to Cococabana...
IMG_2407.jpg

and TSD...
IMG_2409.jpg

@travelnsj

less than a mile. would guess about half mile or about 750 meters ;-))

as i said, don't plan tomuch or just boock for one night. so you can arrange transport with the hotel and have a look arround. if you do not prepay you have the freedom to move as you like

swisstrav - starts to plan his next trip

swisstrav:
silent running
hi brother - like it silent too. never made it that far to the manta island. was only to snake island. but, one day i will return to alona beach again.

Howdy swisstrav, you will dig Manta Island next time, it's definitely worth the extra 5$ site fee! Are you a CCR diver?-Andy

Thanks for all the info. Pakman where did you stay?....also concerned about the Typhoon thing...but I do not think they have had one in years....and great weather that time of the year if they do not....thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom