Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• hockey-send-beer.JPG
    hockey-send-beer.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 190
So attachments appear to work.

Oddly...... EDIT THIS POST seems to be GONE from my posts in this forum. So for some odd/weird reason can't edit posts here. But can in other forums.

However..... it appears my THANKS button is working though. :thumb: ------------------------------------------------------>

That's weird, a couple weeks ago when I blocked gravity.com it affected my ability to post images. Now it's working.

Attachments

• surfing.jpg
    surfing.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: Jax
Yes, the "Edit" feature is not available in the News forum. Do not be alarmed. :D

Seems like all the up grade did is slow down page loading.

Not exactly...it also made the site harder to navigate and look less professional, at least in my opinion. I'm still waiting for some answer about what the benefit is of this upgrade. There must be something I'm not aware of.

When it comes down to it, its the information and discourse on SB that keeps us all interested and of course that hasn't changed. And, I feel a little bit like a creep for complaining about a free site, but if the site went back to the old format I certainly would not mind one bit.

RE: what the benefit is of this upgrade

It's an interim step to the real upgrade coming. I don't like it either but oh well.

Here is an interesting tidbit that took me ~30 minutes to come up with....

This year from June 1st to June 20th (with a few hours to go), there have been just over 100 posts to the main Hawai'i 'Ohana forum, in 19 threads (not including sub forums).

Last year there were over 250 posts, in 40 threads, during the same June 1st to June 20th period. :idk:

With just one post in the main 'Ohana forum yesterday. :shakehead:

Seems like all the up grade did is slow down page loading.

Yeah...still... I wouldn't have said that before we got high speed 3 years ago...And we're an hour from the city. But now I'm like everyone else. I want SPEED... NOW!

Back
Top Bottom