Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the News forum, not Support, and I think they have stopped following the old thread.

I still never got an answer about what the benefit of this upgrade is, but I'm taking a guess that it's about more advertising, more marketing, etc...

To me the site looks bad and works really badly compared to what it was before. Again, it's a free site that we've all learned a lot from, so no complaints, but would the people in charge please consider going back to the old software?

It's been loading uber slow for me lately, I wonder if it could be the ads. I hate to block them, as I enjoy them, but the slow loading reminds me of dialup.

It's been loading uber slow for me lately, I wonder if it could be the ads. I hate to block them, as I enjoy them, but the slow loading reminds me of dialup.

It's not the ads. But everyone loves to blame the ads. I can see that the site crashed last night. Shortly after you posted this. I don't know why yet.

However. The ads are just images, nothing more. On any given page, the images posted are more graphically intensive than the images that contain the ads. Not to mention... the pages would load with or without the ads. In other words. If the ads were failing, the pages would load anyway.

Thanks for the explanation, Howard. I actually enjoy the ads and didn't want to turn them off.

In the meantime, when I want to view a thread, I click on it and then go do something else for a minute or two.

But WOW, the post I just made posted at lightning speed. :idk:

Right click several threads to open in new tabs, then go thru them.

Oh, duh, Don, I'd never have thought of that. :shakehead:

Like I said something crashed the site last night. Its fine now

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom