Major Kudos to Doug Krause & Oceanic!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeqP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted this in a different thread, but just realized there was a Kudos section on the board. I just want to express my extrem satisfaction with the help I received from Doug Krause of Oceanic regarding my Oceanic Atom.
I was having a problem with my Atom turning off and on after replacing the battery. I replaced the battery before and never has this issue. A day later after posting I received a PM from Doug Krause (Oceanic Marketing Manger). He asked me to send in my Oceanic Atom and he would send me a brand new Atom. I had asked Doug if he wanted me to send in all my original items with the watch and he told me just to send in the watch. I sent in the watch only as requested by Doug. I just got back from a business trip earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised to find a well packaged box from Oceanic. Doug and his company sent me a BRAND NEW Oceanic Atom along with all the accessories that would be included if this item was purchased from a dealer, without the transmitter. I was smiling from ear to ear at the sight of this package and tested out the watch (works great). As I was getting ready to throw the shipping box away, I fished through the box and found a cool floppy hat as well. So now I was thinking to myself, that this was just like Christmas :D . So I sent a PM to Doug earlier this week expressing my gratitude and appreciation for him taking the time to help a customer out. If this isn’t total customer satisfaction, then I don’t know what customer satisfaction is about.
I have expressed my appreciation privately to Doug, but would like to express it publicly as well. With so many manufacturers seeming to only care about making the sale and not continuing to assist their customers, it is awesome to see that there are some good companies with excellent employees that want to make sure their customers are totally satisfied. Kudos to Doug and Oceanic! I know there are some other companies out there that treat their customers in the same manner, but unfortunately not all companies are this way. Let this be a lesson to other manufacturers that are interested in having repeat/loyal customers.
I for one am an Extremely Satisfied Oceanic customer and will continue to purchase their products. I mentioned to Doug that I will wear my new hat on my trip to Roatan next week along with my Atom and let everyone know of my great experience with Doug and Oceanic.
Doug, again thank you for all of your efforts in helping me out.

Phil

Great job Doug. It's nice to know there are companies out there that still care about their customers. I'm glad you had a good experience with Oceanic Phil.

Yep, Doug & Oceanic are very supportive and helpful, well beyond the letter of the warrantis...!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom