Made to Order Gear Bag for 2300 Pesos

What gear bag do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prandyulo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thought I'd share this discovery with your guys. After trying out plastic crates, nylon duffle bags, clamshell luggage, I think I have come across a better gear bag which I had custom made to my specs today by a one man shop located along Aguinaldo Highway in Dasma Cavite. The owner is from Cebu arrived recently and just renting a make shift table with rented sewing machine in front of a gym and septic tank cleaning service. It's near Robinsons. Anyway, the mesh bag comes complete with heavy duty plastic zipper and compression straps, can be placed inside an all nylon duffle bag to keep your car dry. A smaller mesh bag covering a collapsible plastic 10 liter crate from Ace Hardware holds the reg, mask, lights, computer, & others and fits inside the mesh bag which altogether holds fins, BCD, & wetsuit. My mesh bag is 28 inches long, 13 inches high, 12 inches wide. Either mesh bag or inside the outer duffle bag can be attached to my folding wheeled trolley or further fit inside another travelling wheeled duffle for plane rides. The mesh bag is very conveniently folded while on board boats or in dive resorts, keeps your wet gear air dried to prevent mold and what have you from developing. If any of you are interested, I'm helping out the guy whose name is Rico with his mobile # 9214330012. All told I paid the astronomical price of PHp2,300. A branded mesh bag alone in dive shops will cost you PHp 1,800 or higher.

Any comments/observations on the design?

Attachments

• Rico Bags.jpg
    Rico Bags.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 97
  • My Mesh Bag.jpg
    My Mesh Bag.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Gear Bag.jpg
    Gear Bag.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 110
  • Outer Duffle Bag.jpg
    Outer Duffle Bag.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 110
My favorite bag is the following:

Scuba Diving Bags

It is strong, easy to handle and stow, completely waterproof and it is huge. I can put all my gear in 1 of those without trouble. While wreck diving on the North Sea, the charters do not allow plastic boxes, so this is an ideal alternative to bring all gear on board.

In the shop where I bought it, it goes for the equivalent of 2800 Peso and it is well worth the money. I am not sure if this is available in the Philippines, but if so, go and have a look.

Kris

Saw a similar sized waterproof bag at ROX here; but the price is more than double. However, the size is a little too large for warm water diving as I believe it is ideal for drysuit or 7 mm plus wetsuits.
I did not mention that my mesh gear bag also doubles as an U/W camera stow bag while on board our dive boats/banca.

you're right a bit steep for a mesh...

but i do need a new bag... my mesh-and-nylon that fits my crate is dirty and falling apart... i got that for 1,000 with crate a few years ago...

i do like the bag Jon's using... don't know how much that one is - might be steep too, it's a delsey - but it's made from heavy canvas

Jag

Thought I'd share this discovery with your guys. After trying out plastic crates, nylon duffle bags, clamshell luggage, I think I have come across a better gear bag which I had custom made to my specs today by a one man shop located along Aguinaldo Highway in Dasma Cavite. The owner is from Cebu arrived recently and just renting a make shift table with rented sewing machine in front of a gym and septic tank cleaning service. It's near Robinsons. Anyway, the mesh bag comes complete with heavy duty plastic zipper and compression straps, can be placed inside an all nylon duffle bag to keep your car dry. A smaller mesh bag covering a collapsible plastic 10 liter crate from Ace Hardware holds the reg, mask, lights, computer, & others and fits inside the mesh bag which altogether holds fins, BCD, & wetsuit. My mesh bag is 28 inches long, 13 inches high, 12 inches wide. Either mesh bag or inside the outer duffle bag can be attached to my folding wheeled trolley or further fit inside another travelling wheeled duffle for plane rides. The mesh bag is very conveniently folded while on board boats or in dive resorts, keeps your wet gear air dried to prevent mold and what have you from developing. If any of you are interested, I'm helping out the guy whose name is Rico with his mobile # 9214330012. All told I paid the astronomical price of PHp2,300. A branded mesh bag alone in dive shops will cost you PHp 1,800 or higher.

Any comments/observations on the design?

You lost me there already... So, it's 2 bags, mesh and nylon, for the price of P 2,300(crate not included)? Tama ba? :blinking:

Gi

Thanks for the link. That's pretty neat, especially for those who use free diving fins.

Gear Mesh bag, nylon canvas duffle bag, gear mesh bag (without plastic 10 liter crate Php150.00)paid total Php2,300.

Gear Mesh bag, nylon canvas duffle bag, gear mesh bag (without plastic 10 liter crate Php150.00)paid total Php2,300.

Thanks for the clarification. I bought my Problue mesh bag for 1200.00 without the shoulder strap. But the size cannot fit the regular crate. I'm not complaining, though. I like it 'coz it's not too big for tiny Me to carry. I have to check out that collapsible crate though. It might just fit. :lightbulb:

My mesh bag is a bit of a "lets-check-out-the-goodies-on-this-bag magnet" :laser: when I take plane trips. That custom-made nylon bag would probably do the trick. Thanks for the contact. Layo lang, Cavite (hehehe).

Gi

You give me the specs & I can have it made for you after I get his price quote then we meet somewhere in Pasig near where I live. I tried out the gear bags for the first time last weekend. The collapsible plastic crate inside the smaller mesh bag contains my reg, computer,mask, divelights, plus room for more fits perfectly inside my BCD jacket on top of my 2 feet long fins inside the big mesh bag. That's all I need to carry for a day trip until I try out the nylon duffle bag over it when I try out a trip to PG via ferry from Batangas.

I use a heavy duty nylon roller to carry all my gear and enough clothes for a weeks stay. The bag has a side pocket where I can store my short jet fins and a couple of other pockets for keeping things segregated. The bottom is hardend/rubberized and the wheels and handle seem to be pretty heavy duty. It fits in the trunk of those cabs with the LPG tank. The only drawback is that it weighs 3 Kgs (I think) and that helps eat up the luggage allowance when flying. But having the rollers has helped me during some long treks around the town. I have had it for about a year and a half and am thinking about getting a new one before it breaks(due to my rough handling of it). It was around 75 USD off the internet.

Back
Top Bottom