Maclearie Park (L - Street) May 20, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

round valley friday

Trying to get on a boat on Friday - but if it falls through - RV sounds good...

Well, I have my heart set on saltwater, no boats unless I book it, and nighttime critters. Viz is no biggie, lightning is the deal breaker.

I'm thinking Thur. or Fri. in the basin or RR Bridge. Big tides. :D

Solo is fine for this moon, catch up with you guys on the next "goes around, comes around".

Karma...

i am thinking about doing both get some salt on wed and freshwater on friday.

No boats for me yet, let me get this sidemount dialed in first.[emoji3]

Tom and I will be there Weds night - no worries there (to your point about lighting but will be an on site call)

Just not sure on Fri - trying to get a boat lined up first then RV if it falls through maybe a 2 tank dive to make up for the boat (lol)...

A big thunderstorm went through yesterday and today looks to be the same. Cold front comes through Tomorrow. High is an hour later, more to my liking. The later, the better. Getting close to holiday traffic, too.

Looks like everything aligns tomorrow, hope so. I'm risking four hours of driving, tolls, and gas to watch an electrical storm over the basin.

Thursday for me.

I may have to pass on Thurs - I did get the boat lined up for Friday - so a late Thurs and early Friday would not work for me...

I think I am still going tonight - 1 hour drive is not bad for me. I may also dive the boat ramp and not Maclearie - will fill you in on the viz and details....

Saturday and Sunday should also be open for me if we want to try Round Valley - I think I have "found" the area for the basements...

... I may also dive the boat ramp and not Maclearie ......
Busy weekend, expecting lots of boats.

I like the ramp too, but Brielle is trying to lure all of us away from there. Thus the Maclearie Park entry site. Kudos to Brielle, they did a totally nice job on that. Imagine, a town that cares about local divers. :shocked2: I figure that I'll just fall in line as they are trying so hard.

The ramp: Hang a hard left if you hear anyone behind you. There is plenty of room to get both of you (and a flag) under the walk deck and in front of the floating dock that the boaters will be aiming for. Peaceful coexistence. Just don't try dragging a flag under the sailboat dock. I got totally hung up trying that stunt.

Saturday and Sunday should also be open for me if we want to try Round Valley - I think I have "found" the area for the basements...
Never been. On my list too. Weekend busy, will let you know. I just *REALLY* need to get salty and chill...

Missed a good night - we got down later than we wanted about 7:30pm but ended up finding 6 yellow seahorses and 4 brown ones... really good night - Toms first set of seahorses - so the Tropicals are here or coming... Lots of eels, shrimp, small flounder - I did not take the GoPro because Tom wanted to bring his spear - nothing big enough to eat but I needed to keep an eye on him so I left it behind... Next time I am getting video of the seahorses - but they are here...

Avg depth 6.2 - max depth 14 feet - 69 min dive - minimum bottom temp was 63 degrees.

Forgot to add we dove Maclearie Park - there were so many fishermen all over the docks and parking lot. So we drove back to Maclearie - a bunch of OC and some rebreathers - very interesting group...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom