Maclearie Park (L - Street) May 20, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, Saturday night. Hell or high water...

SaturdayNight06June2015.jpg

Bring a good light, we could do a buddy dive. If no show, no prob at all. I have an agenda.

I've really been enjoying my Petrel 2's compass. Somebody finally got the simple, stupid compass down right.

Nav, sidemount trim, buoyancy, and dragging a flag...

WF PM'ed me, he can't make this weekend. Oh well.

I'm working three agendas, simple sidemount practice [anywhere, NJ], IRI, and (OMG) Sunfish Pond. I'm totally good on my own, but more fun with a local or two. Check in and make it a meet-up or just wait for my report. :D

-Cheers

Tides are coming back around again...

Check for yourself:
Tide Location Selection for New Jersey
Maclearie Park (near L-Street): Long Branch to Seaside Heights, Shark River, New Bedford
Maclearie Park: Maclearie Park

Why is one high tide higher than the other? I had to look this up:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100501051242AAquX11

I'm planning to dive this cycle in full sidemount. I could be down for a week. :D Kidding, dive plan is half hour before full high tide and half hour or so after. Lots of rain lately so I'm guessing that the viz will be rather poor. No matter, you only need a foot or so when drifting across the bottom.

Mid-week through the weekend. Post something if you are interested in a "Same basin buddy" or just a friendly meet-up in the parking area.

Weds 7/1 might be best for me or after. Late enough to miss most of the GSP traffic and still get down there before high tide - 7:58 pm.

Tues might work but it is cutting into the traffic hour of getting to the shore and commuters...

Wed or later is fine with me. Pick and let me know.
Is Tom in?

Weds 7/1 it is - Tom appears to be in... I will try to be there by 7pm or just before.

i am in but iam leaving my sidemounts at home

Looking ahead to Weds. Checking the Marine Forecast -

WED NIGHT
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT...
BECOMING W 5 TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND TSTMS IN THE EVENING.

Yeah, the rest of the week is more of the same.

Maybe call off the meet-up and just play it by ear? I'm still planning to dive this tide cycle if there isn't any lightning. I changed some hose lengths on my rig and want to see how it works under real conditions. And then there are back and helicopter kicks that really need some practice...

Back
Top Bottom