Trip Report Bonaire: Den Laman and Dive Friends, October 20-November 3, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice meeting and diving with you and uncfnp, Soloist. My wife is still bragging about finding one—likely that one—12 minutes into our first dive of the trip.

They were posing nicely together again this evening:
IMG_0334.JPG

Hi @Soloist,

I liked your post, but not the photo of the crowd. By the time we did our final dives on our last visit, on Nov 2, there was always a queue to visit the 2 yellow frogfish on Bari. Often the waiting line consisted of 2, 3, or more groups of divers. Once the word gets out, it's all over.

Good thing the sea life is relatively resilient, at least the frogfish and seahorses.
We saw what may very well have been this same Frogfish at Bari in Sept 2021. Was is roughly 30-35 feet and sans the the crowds - the word hadn't spread yet I guess.

These photos on this thread out shine anything I did with my GoPro rig - very well done.

The video thread to the swimming frogfish referenced earlier can be launched in t-minus 10, 9, 8, 7…

My wife and I had such a good time last Oct/Nov, that we are going back the last 2 weeks of August. Staying at Den Laman, next door to Parrotfish, in Yellowtail Snapper

Maybe the yellow Frogfish will still be on Bari Reef :)
How about 3 frog fish on Bari reef? 2 Yellow and a pink one. Found these 3 huddled together this afternoon in 25 feet of water on Bari. Just about right where you and @Soloist told me to look.

1650575942935.jpeg

I wonder how the pink one fits into the pair? I assume another female, does she have a mate? The male seems to be in a nice position.

I wonder how the pink one fits into the pair? I assume another female, does she have a mate? The male seems to be in a nice position.
I have no idea. They were tough to photograph all together. They were facing different directions and I was challenged by a tall coral head to get the camera in proper position.

I have no idea. They were tough to photograph all together. They were facing different directions and I was challenged by a tall coral head to get the camera in proper position.
We’ll, that might be, but you did a great job!

So, my wife and I will be back on Bonaire Aug 17-31. Does anybody know if the pair of yellow Frogfish are still on Bari Reef? Seems like they were seen about Sept 21-April 22?

1659211238834.png

1659211275511.png

1659211303641.png

I was so dismayed to hear about SCTLD off Bonaire and the closure of Karpata and La Dania's Leap. I will report back during, after our trip :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom