Maclearie Park (L - Street) May 20, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently in West Palm Beach - I did a couple drift dives that were great but just did a night dive at the Blue Heron Bridge a beach dive - honestly I think I died and went to heaven... Octopuses, Sea Horses, Spotted Eels, Spaghetti worms, and so much more that I can't believe in less than 20 feet of warm clear water... 97 mins in the water and could have done a second circuit - this should be on everyone's bucket list...

I may need to pass on this one - I am owing my wife big time right now...

Currently in West Palm Beach - I did a couple drift dives that were great but just did a night dive at the Blue Heron Bridge a beach dive - honestly I think I died and went to heaven... Octopuses, Sea Horses, Spotted Eels, Spaghetti worms, and so much more that I can't believe in less than 20 feet of warm clear water... 97 mins in the water and could have done a second circuit - this should be on everyone's bucket list...

I may need to pass on this one - I am owing my wife big time right now...
I was at the bridge yesterday and 2 other days this week but could not find a seahorse this trip. So how does the BHB diving compare to L Street and Brielle Basin? :D

Last edited:
I was at the bridge yesterday and 2 other days this week but could not find a seahorse this trip. So how does the BHB diving compare to L Street and Brielle Basin? :D

Well.... It is a "Wonderful Surprise"... Since this is not in my backyard - I can say it was spectacular - but home is where the heart is...

If you can dive in the North East - you can dive anywhere and really enjoy seeing things up close and in the distance - sharks, hawkbill turtles, huge moray eels, octopus, sea horses and so much more... I think if I lived here I would not be working nearly as much... LOL and so my wife would be jealous and I may be looking for work...

She did a DSD at the BHB this morning at 7am and in 40 feet of the shore we hit our first octopus of the day... I can never get tired of seeing those... I will try to put together a video when we get home...

when you all heading to the shore PM me

WF,

Background Info:
With all the recent rain, the viz is likely to be crap. My sidemount clinic was rescheduled so I have some latitude. The tide slips about an hour later each day.

If you want to try for better viz, we can push it all the way into the coming weekend, but the meetup time gets later and later.

Tide Location Selection for New Jersey
Long Branch to Seaside Heights and then New Bedford (under Shark River)

If you don't have a preference, I'll just post when I'm going to appear.

yeah i am thinking that too this weekend would be better. A night dive

OK, Saturday the 6th at 11:00 PM I splash on the steps in Maclearie Park.

If you show up, we do buddy diving. If not, no prob at all, I have stuff to do...

:D

i was thinking the night dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom