Question Lube for dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started using my homemade baby shampoo based defogger to help me slide my hands through my wrist seals and my billiard ball skull through my neck seal. Have also used it on my zippers in a pinch as well with excellent results.

Will now try it on my Rolock rings to see if it helps.

Hard pressed to think of any negatives doing this that could harm the material...have I missed something?

I started using my homemade baby shampoo based defogger to help me slide my hands through my wrist seals and my billiard ball skull through my neck seal. Have also used it on my zippers in a pinch as well with excellent results.

Will now try it on my Rolock rings to see if it helps.

Hard pressed to think of any negatives doing this that could harm the material...have I missed something?
I've used baby shampoo on my wrist seals for a while, works great. I stick with the finger applied silicon lube on the dry glove rings so removal is equally as easy.

I rub a bar of soap on the o-rings. Anything wet attracts dirt and hair making them leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom