Question Lube for dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one has mentioned K-Y or similar “personal lube”? That’s what I used on the few occasions I had to use dry gloves. Is there anything wrong with that stuff? I was always advised to keep silicone away from drysuit fabric.

1708027851922.png

1708027901542.png

Yes. The lube that Si Tech includes with their dry gloves is actually Lip balm (with SPF of 15 !!!).

No one has mentioned K-Y or similar “personal lube”? That’s what I used on the few occasions I had to use dry gloves. Is there anything wrong with that stuff? I was always advised to keep silicone away from drysuit fabric.
BINGO
you beat me to it.
KY is also amazing on latex wrist seals. keeps them looking like new.
you just need a good story for the cashier when you go in to buy some. lol

BINGO
you beat me to it.
KY is also amazing on latex wrist seals. keeps them looking like new.
you just need a good story for the cashier when you go in to buy some. lol
I use the stuff all the time on my wrist and neck seals, but I only very rarely dive with dry gloves. When I did, it seemed natural to use the same stuff on the glove rings.

As for the cashier, yeah, when you buy two bottles you might get a look. I have also read that the stuff can be found in quantity as veterinary lube.

Just says food grade but I think it likely has some water. I use it on wrist seals, etc
i think it is. the water based ones are great. it's the oil based ones people need to stay away from for this type of use.

You can use talcum powder, not to be confused with baby powder, as that will eat the seals. You can also use a small amount of beeswax, which is used on dry suit zippers routinely.
Actually, I would not anymore recommend talcum powder, as the powder may contain asbestos particles that can harm the lungs. It’s better to use corn starch instead.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom