LP 95 vs. HP 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I can add is that at this rate at least these guys will finally have closure.

I do agree that filling past 4000 is taking a gamble, but I do think that up to 4000 is plenty safe, much safer than the drive to the dive site, much safer than the actual dive.

Also, steel tanks don't fail catastrophically like aluminum tanks. They split as opposed to fragmenting. So, when these shops are filling tanks it their 1/4" steel tub the chances of someone being injured beyond a mild case of shell shock a getting a little wet are slim to none.

I do agree that filling past 4000 is taking a gamble, but I do think that up to 4000 is plenty safe, much safer than the drive to the dive site, much safer than the actual dive.

Also, steel tanks don't fail catastrophically like aluminum tanks. They split as opposed to fragmenting. So, when these shops are filling tanks it their 1/4" steel tub the chances of someone being injured beyond a mild case of shell shock a getting a little wet are slim to none.
Hoooray!!! We now have a new operational definition of "extreme optimism".

Lord help us all.

Edit: I was just going to leave it alone, but I just gotta know where you heard the "steel tanks split but don't fragment" thing... :popcorn:

Even if steel tanks don't fragment, that's still a lot of steel to be moving through the vehicle or fill station. The force of 4000psi of air will make it a projectile...

The intro credits say "Don't try this at home."

Nice! Those last 2 must not have had that large a hole when they broke the valves off. The ones that went airborne were pretty impressive, though!

Wow, you can sure the benefit of the safety valves, as they really slow down the air's exit. So the obvious question naturally is, are they slower to fill?

Wow, you can sure the benefit of the safety valves, as they really slow down the air's exit. So the obvious question naturally is, are they slower to fill?
The obvious question would be, is there a failure mode or a given depth where that valve wouldn't deliver enough gas?

The obvious question would be, is there a failure mode or a given depth where that valve wouldn't deliver enough gas?

One would hope that the designers were a little smarter than that!:D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom