PST HP 100 vs Faber HP 100...have a preference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, the info table that I have shows little (gross) difference between the HP FX Fabers and HP 3442/3500 PSTs.

I don't have specs, but I've heard that the spun Asahi also sold under the Sherwood/Genesis brand (after PST, I believe) are significantly heavier.

View attachment 718236
They are close the same weight, within a few pounds. The trim is different between the two. It just comes down to what you are used to. To dive them the same. I use a three pound tail weight hanging down with the Fabers and turned up on the PSTs. The volume is the same, so they don't swing any different through the dive.

@Ghost95 $ 359 + tax and free shipping, tell me more ! Who is running this deal ?

How are the fabers the same diameter and weight as the PST, but 1.5 inches longer? Is it all neck length?

I no longer have the Fabers or I'd do a stare-and-compare. But from Pictures of the FX100s and looking at my LP50s, the Fabers have notably longer necks than the PSTs.
It is possible that there are errors, one was "booted" and the other not, etc ...
Shoulder and bottom tapers might be longer as well.

I didn't create the table (other than adding the calculated "dry land full weight") and manufacturing tolerances/changes come into play, so it is "hearsay," but a useful approximation.

The PST photo below - are all chipped blue paint - but - to me it's a non-issue, I don't plan on looking cool at Cove 2 in Seattle.

The Fabers are like new - white paint.

Attachments

• 1650306088067.png
    1650306088067.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 111
the 3500 psi PSTs require 300 bar din valves. you would have to source a 300 bar din 7/8 UNF manifold for doubles which is not that easy.

either get the HDG fabers or keep looking for some 3442 psi PSTs or worthingtons

Back
Top Bottom