Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got to go over to Sebastian and put several more lines on our boat. We're in the path of this monster and storm surge could be 15'. Too early to tell where this will hit, some give it from Miami to Cape Hatterus, NC. Also, the local weather guy says, "Where ever it hits, expect 20 hours of continous rain and wind". Another report says the storm is larger than the State of Florida. Diving this weekend is off! :11:

Wife directed me to make hotel reservations for Friday and Saturday night. Maybe the diving in Venice will be good this weekend?

Not looking good for Melbourne right now. There was some hope after the 11AM and 2PM reports... but... Titusville is now the target. Turn baby turn....

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGSAGE136:
Himmicanes hit on Monday. Hurricanes wait for your leisure time to bug you. :D

I'm going to my room now!

BIGSAGE136:
Since I love all you guys, please please please prepare for this one. Start treating it now like it is gonna hit, and hit hard. This should be a FULL BLOWN DRILL. No pretending.

You go that right. I wouldn't count on those tracks too much right now, hurricanes have a real bad habit of not following forecasted paths. Just ask the folks on the west coast who were waiting for it to pass by on it's way to Tampa. :(

They've already started evacuating hotels on Grand Bahama Island. And that's only 58 miles from Ft. Lauderdale. The storm is 75 miles across.

My shutters are going up tomorrow. Water, propane and batteries are stocked. Hold on tight folks.

Marc

pipedope:
Hey Colin, I bet your new boss will be cracking the whip on you as soon as anything works. :D

My wife already told me that I am to be outside with my chainsaw this week finishing clearing peoples walkway's and getting fallen debris moved out for the county to remove.

In fact, there is a list of all sorts of stuff for both my biz, her biz and the house that I've been workin on.. she wasted no time! :D

Unless of course, your referring to my working for myself. :wink:

All this information and can you believe the idiots that run our apartment complex decided to go ahead with renovating a previous building mistake ,it's bad enough I've been listening to harmmering (12 hours a day) for almost 3 weeks while they put everything back together in the front, but to start a new section knowing there's a storm coming is just insane. So, we're now sitting upstairs in our apartment with sheet rock up and a few boards holding it in place (no worries, it's only on the EAST side, and we're not very far from the ocean). Freaks!!!! Now the "workers" have told us they have to prepare for the storm and will be back in a week :58: . Darrel told them they BETTER be back in the morning to fix some of this mess, I guess time will tell.

Maybe this should be moved to the cheese and whine forum :crying:

My home is open to anybody who needs to evacuate. I am inland and out of any evac. zone. Make sure you call me and let me know you are arriving. This includes you Baitedstorm and family...

Current track is right into FL on Saturday - If your within 50-70 miles of where this lady is going to be waltzing in, GET OUT! Not even HAHA funny, I'm not even brave enough to stand by.

Anyone in that current hurricane track - please remember, our house is open for you.

Depending on what hits us this weekend, I have plans that will begin on a new "Anger of Gaia" proof home. It will be impervious to destruction. Nothing on Earth can destroy it! My new address will be
54321 Titanic Drive,
HIT THE DECK, Florida

Seriously though,... as soon as we can get away from this trailer onto a piece of buildable property, I am starting on the Bunker House. I hate tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, and lightning! The plans call for a final wall thickness of two feet of steel reinforced concrete. Overkill? I work at an insurance company and have seen what Gaia throws at us in the worst way. I worked the Waldo fires with others in the Gainesville Area doing traffic control and watched pine trees exploding from the heat sending twenty foot long burning missiles over a divided four lane highway to start NEW fires. If it weren't for all the family I have in Florida and my love of diving, I'd be living in a missile silo in North Dakota! This hurricane season is going to be a royal pain in the ...! I have decided to repack the rest of what we just UNPACKED, and if it wipes us out, at least we get to move and start over. Unfortunately, my wreck of a trailer is uninsurable! If we get hit hard, my family will be just like PG, and we were honestly expecting to be the last TWO times. Best of luck to all. I am deploying my new anti-hurricane lucky Nauga foot. Oh wait, they were hunted to extinction in Florida during the 80's for their hides to make parachute pants and vinyl car seats. Guess it won't do me any better luck than him.
Good luck to all and best wishes.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom