Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.... I have this gut feeling it will turn north and follow the gulfstream.

Hope,Hope,Hope,Hope,Hope,Hope,Hope,Hope,Hope,Hope,Hope

Well, you guys know that I couldn't leave Florida without some major CF of a hurricane hitting us.

I'm all for evacuating the area and doing some spring diving. Or maybe another weekend of tooth diving on the other coast...

To you guys closer to the center of the path - all the best. If it looks like it will miss Hollywood, you're welcome to come to my place and camp. (I've moved most of my furniture out, but have a few sleeping bags and lots of space.

-Grier

Frances is a catergory 4 hurricane again, expected to stay that way for the next few days.

It is forecast to be over the Bahamas, due East from Miami, on
Friday morning.

Chances are low that it will veer west (to the Keys or
SE Florida). However, chances are pretty good that it
will hit NE Florida or S Georgia by Sunday.

three day forecast map

NOAA Hurricane Center

The NWHHC has Frances making landfall in mid-Florida, and
they show it weakening:

NWHHC Track

Northwest Hemisphere Hurricane Center

Grier, Frances is coming to avenge all the awful things that were done to you and Crystal. Hopefully being made the president of your company will be enough for her to move back...

hopehopehopehopehopehopehopehope

As I am trying to move across town this weekend - I'm sure we'll at least be hit by some heavy rains :-( Hopefully it will only be heavy rains.

Never good news to hear about another hurricane. My thoughts and prayers will be with everyone thats in its way. (And, if you really feel like escaping, my house here in Washington is always open!)

Kayla

Again i have to wonder how accurate the models are. Last time out we thought we were out of the way as the track started to move north, only for it to head back south again at the last minute. Orlando felt safe and people were running there from other places which were on the Thursday night/Friday morning forecast (like Tampa etc) only to find Charley running up I-4 after them. I wont feel things are safe along the various parts of the east coast quite yet - they might drag the track back down south again - however look out SC/NC, maybe it will continue to turn??? Few days yet to work out what to do - however diving and the SE coast look very doubtful.

This morning when I left for work my city of Melbourne had a bulls-eye on it.

Since then I've heard that it would likely make landfall

a) further south, in St. Lucie County, and now

b) Further north, around Jacksonville.

As a lifetime resident of Florida I agree with the sentiment that, at this time, no one between the Dry Tortugas and the Outer Banks should feel like they are out of the woods yet.

I hope that Frances will make a severe northeasterly turn SOON!

well if this makes you feel better or worse not sure , I just got home yesterday , and FEMA just called me about hr ago we will begin loading supplies again tomorrow , and Planning another few weeks camping out in FLA again , Look people I love your state but I am dead tired of this weather.
Actually I am sorry to say I am tired of all the destruction and the loss I have seen over the last few weeks. I guess I am like you all; I am also in need of a break after 4 months in NY and twice out again and now third all ready this year. My boss is very understanding actually he doesn't much choice.
so for all of us , I can only Pray and hope that it heads out to sea away from everyone as it stands it looks like most of FLA, Ga, SC , Nc will get hit pretty hard with it being a cat 4 all ready can only mean trouble .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom